Backward interoperability - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Backward interoperability

sagitario34sagitario34 Posts: 1Member
Hello everyone. Lets see if YOU can help me figure this one out. I am developing a dll file using C# in the .Net programming enviroment. This dll will be called by an application that was originally written in VB 6.0. When I first encountered problems, I did some research. The information I found instructed me to implement the following fixes:
1) I wrapped my code in a public interface
2) changed the settings under configuration properties in Project/project properties to register as COM interop

Now here is a really funny part. when I compile the dll, I can run it on my PC by calling it from a VB 6.0 ap(the compile process registered the COM object in my windows registry); however, other team mates are not able to make it work. (I'm not sure what is missing here) the error message reads something like this: ActiveX unable to create object

I really need to make this work and its too big a file to scratch it and start again.