Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Getting into game designing and programming..

What degree(s) would I need to get into game design and/or programming with companies like Rockstar, Activision, Electronic Arts and others?

Comments

• WelshyWelshy Member Posts: 8
    there are many courses out there that will help you on your way but alot off them are very specific but there is one course that i have found and am about to start the second year off in lincoln called Games Computing Software Development the good thing about this course is that it teaches you every aspect of the games industry and assumes no prior knowledge so everyone stands a chance (although i do recomend knowing a fair amount about C++ Pascal and Studio max at least, as it helps)
  • Zell1388Zell1388 Member Posts: 82
    : What degree(s) would I need to get into game design and/or programming with companies like Rockstar, Activision, Electronic Arts and others?
    :
    :

From what Al Lowe (creator of Leisure Suit Larry) told me, it's hard to become a game designer right away. You have to establish yourself in a company first. You do this by becoming a part of someone else's project and then coming up with good ideas to help the game. Nobody really hires game designers right away because it's a big risk for the company to take.

You could also try creating a project and get other people to volunteer to help you out. Then you can actually form a game, post it on the Internet for free (or a fee, whatever) and show it off. It might get someone's attention.

Best luck to you!