Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Reading web pages (perhaps reading the raw?)

rs@chello.nors@chello.no Member Posts: 17
Hi...

I have some questions...

My company are providing phone, television, video on demand and internet throu a fibercabel...
The box that are providing this service to the customers, are placed in each customers home.
We can check these boxes from our management net via a normal web browser, at the normal port 80.
Just put in the ip address, and we get all the information about the software version, phonenumbers, reboot the device and so...

What I want to do, is make a program that can contact this device and read the most common things that we should check....

I use Delphi 7 Enterprise, and recently bought Delphi 8 (havent tried it very much yet).

In Delphi 7 there are several different components that perhaps could help me with this task, but what would be the best to use?

Or perhaps I shouls try Delphi 8?

Regards,
Roald
Norway.

Hope for answers and tips...

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi...
    :
    : I have some questions...
    :
    : My company are providing phone, television, video on demand and internet throu a fibercabel...
    : The box that are providing this service to the customers, are placed in each customers home.
    : We can check these boxes from our management net via a normal web browser, at the normal port 80.
    : Just put in the ip address, and we get all the information about the software version, phonenumbers, reboot the device and so...
    :
    : What I want to do, is make a program that can contact this device and read the most common things that we should check....
    :
    : I use Delphi 7 Enterprise, and recently bought Delphi 8 (havent tried it very much yet).
    :
    : In Delphi 7 there are several different components that perhaps could help me with this task, but what would be the best to use?
    :
    : Or perhaps I shouls try Delphi 8?
    :
    : Regards,
    : Roald
    : Norway.
    :
    : Hope for answers and tips...
    :
    I would use the TNMHTTP component if you want your analysis done in the memory and the user doesn't need to see the webpage. Otherwise the TWebBrowser with the MSHTTP unit to expose the document's innerhtml property.
  • rs@chello.nors@chello.no Member Posts: 17
    Well, it was very expencive...
    Look at this link: http://www.cpcug.org/user/clemenzi/technical/Databases/Delphi/WebClients.html#TNMHTTP

Another tip?
    I really do want it to be done in the memory and not "swapped to disk first"...

And thanks for your first tip by the way...

Regards,
    Roald

: : Hi...
    : :
    : : I have some questions...
    : : My company are providing phone, television, video on demand and internet throu a fibercabel...
    : : The box that are providing this service to the customers, are placed in each customers home.
    : : We can check these boxes from our management net via a normal web browser, at the normal port 80.
    : : Just put in the ip address, and we get all the information about the software version, phonenumbers, reboot the device and so...
    : : What I want to do, is make a program that can contact this device and read the most common things that we should check....
    : : I use Delphi 7 Enterprise, and recently bought Delphi 8 (havent tried it very much yet).
    : : In Delphi 7 there are several different components that perhaps could help me with this task, but what would be the best to use?
    : : Or perhaps I shouls try Delphi 8?
    : : Regards,
    : : Roald
    : : Norway.
    : : Hope for answers and tips...
    : I would use the TNMHTTP component if you want your analysis done in the memory and the user doesn't need to see the webpage. Otherwise the TWebBrowser with the MSHTTP unit to expose the document's innerhtml property.
    :

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2004-7-16 20:43:14[/red][/b][hr]
    : Well, it was very expencive...
    : Look at this link: http://www.cpcug.org/user/clemenzi/technical/Databases/Delphi/WebClients.html#TNMHTTP
    :
    : Another tip?
    : I really do want it to be done in the memory and not "swapped to disk first"...
    :
    : And thanks for your first tip by the way...
    :
    : Regards,
    : Roald
    :
    : : : Hi...
    : : :
    : : : I have some questions...
    : : : My company are providing phone, television, video on demand and internet throu a fibercabel...
    : : : The box that are providing this service to the customers, are placed in each customers home.
    : : : We can check these boxes from our management net via a normal web browser, at the normal port 80.
    : : : Just put in the ip address, and we get all the information about the software version, phonenumbers, reboot the device and so...
    : : : What I want to do, is make a program that can contact this device and read the most common things that we should check....
    : : : I use Delphi 7 Enterprise, and recently bought Delphi 8 (havent tried it very much yet).
    : : : In Delphi 7 there are several different components that perhaps could help me with this task, but what would be the best to use?
    : : : Or perhaps I shouls try Delphi 8?
    : : : Regards,
    : : : Roald
    : : : Norway.
    : : : Hope for answers and tips...
    : : I would use the TNMHTTP component if you want your analysis done in the memory and the user doesn't need to see the webpage. Otherwise the TWebBrowser with the MSHTTP unit to expose the document's innerhtml property.
    :
    :
    Then use an invisible TWebBrowser. This might save a copy into the IE cache, but you can do all the work in the process memory. Here is the code to get to the html itself:
    [code]
    SomeString := IHtmlDocument2(WebBrowser1.Document).Body.innerHTML;
    [/code]
    Remember to add the MSHTML unit to the uses list (sorry for the wrong name earlier).

• rs@chello.nors@chello.no Member Posts: 17
    : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2004-7-16 20:43:14[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Well, it was very expencive...
    : : Look at this link: http://www.cpcug.org/user/clemenzi/technical/Databases/Delphi/WebClients.html#TNMHTTP
    : : Another tip?
    : : I really do want it to be done in the memory and not "swapped to disk first"...
    : : And thanks for your first tip by the way...
    : : Regards,
    : : Roald
    : : : : Hi...
    : : : :
    : : : : I have some questions...
    : : : : My company are providing phone, television, video on demand and internet throu a fibercabel...
    : : : : The box that are providing this service to the customers, are placed in each customers home.
    : : : : We can check these boxes from our management net via a normal web browser, at the normal port 80.
    : : : : Just put in the ip address, and we get all the information about the software version, phonenumbers, reboot the device and so...
    : : : : What I want to do, is make a program that can contact this device and read the most common things that we should check....
    : : : : I use Delphi 7 Enterprise, and recently bought Delphi 8 (havent tried it very much yet).
    : : : : In Delphi 7 there are several different components that perhaps could help me with this task, but what would be the best to use?
    : : : : Or perhaps I shouls try Delphi 8?
    : : : : Regards,
    : : : : Roald
    : : : : Norway.
    : : : : Hope for answers and tips...
    : : : I would use the TNMHTTP component if you want your analysis done in the memory and the user doesn't need to see the webpage. Otherwise the TWebBrowser with the MSHTTP unit to expose the document's innerhtml property.
    : Then use an invisible TWebBrowser. This might save a copy into the IE cache, but you can do all the work in the process memory. Here is the code to get to the html itself:
    : [code]
    : SomeString := IHtmlDocument2(WebBrowser1.Document).Body.innerHTML;
    : [/code]
    : Remember to add the MSHTML unit to the uses list (sorry for the wrong name earlier).
    :
    :

Ok, great. I got the component to work.
    Thanks a lot !

Regards,
    Roald