Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

DataGrid Keypress

PaulDPaulD Member Posts: 5
It seems there are lots of people asking this question, but from my browsing very few working answers. I am trying to simply catch keypresses on a .NET Datagrid. easy huh!

It seems that Datagrid actually contain textboxes to display the data and thus the keypresses only work when the user presses a key while having previously selected an entire row or somewhere else other than the grid. This is far from ideal.

I understand a work around would be to add column styles and datagridtextbox's which are coded to have a keypress event. I have tried numerous ways of doing this but to no avail......any ideas??

Comments

• awbcawbc Member Posts: 1
    : It seems there are lots of people asking this question, but from my browsing very few working answers. I am trying to simply catch keypresses on a .NET Datagrid. easy huh!
    :
    : It seems that Datagrid actually contain textboxes to display the data and thus the keypresses only work when the user presses a key while having previously selected an entire row or somewhere else other than the grid. This is far from ideal.
    :
    : I understand a work around would be to add column styles and datagridtextbox's which are coded to have a keypress event. I have tried numerous ways of doing this but to no avail......any ideas??
    :