Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Wireless Video/Image Transmission

Hi,

I have to transmit a visual image from a robot to a PC.Is there anyone
who can tell me what the best camera/transmiter,receiver,wireless system to use would be?

The following things are in particular important:

1)I want to embed the visual image into a GUI as well.
2) Apart from the image,the wireless system must be able to
transmit other data as well (data meaning o say 8 bits)

Any idea of what components would be best?

Thanks

Comments

• PrzemekG_PrzemekG_ Posts: 595Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have to transmit a visual image from a robot to a PC.Is there anyone
    : who can tell me what the best camera/transmiter,receiver,wireless system to use would be?
    :
    : The following things are in particular important:
    :
    : 1)I want to embed the visual image into a GUI as well.
    : 2) Apart from the image,the wireless system must be able to
    : transmit other data as well (data meaning o say 8 bits)
    :
    : Any idea of what components would be best?
    :
    : Thanks

I am planing do a robot with WLAN. I know I saw a WLAN camera some where, but as I remember they wern't cheap.
  • BondfireBondfire Posts: 28Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I have to transmit a visual image from a robot to a PC.Is there anyone
    : : who can tell me what the best camera/transmiter,receiver,wireless system to use would be?
    : : The following things are in particular important:
    : : 1)I want to embed the visual image into a GUI as well.
    : : 2) Apart from the image,the wireless system must be able to
    : : transmit other data as well (data meaning o say 8 bits)
    : : Any idea of what components would be best?
    : : Thanks
    :
    : I am planing do a robot with WLAN. I know I saw a WLAN camera some where, but as I remember they wern't cheap.
    :

Hi..thanks for your reply.

I also came across this that could be useful : the EmbeddedBlue Series eb500 radio module that privides bluetooth connectivity..it can easliy interface to a microcontroller but i am not sure whether it can transmit a video signal

: Hi..thanks for your reply.
    :
    :
    : I also came across this that could be useful : the EmbeddedBlue Series eb500 radio module that privides bluetooth connectivity..it can easliy interface to a microcontroller but i am not sure whether it can transmit a video signal
    :
    :
    When I'm talking about WLAN I meen IEEE 802.11a/b/g. With small antenas you may reach the distance of 500m, When one of them is a little bigger (lets say a 9 dBi colinear antena) you may reach about 1km and transfering huge amount of data at good speed (but on such distance I would slow it down to 1Mb or 2Mb max),

I want to use WLAN since my robot will have a PC on it so I may use WLAN without any problems.

• BondfireBondfire Posts: 28Member
    :
    : : Hi..thanks for your reply.
    : : I also came across this that could be useful : the EmbeddedBlue Series eb500 radio module that privides bluetooth connectivity..it can easliy interface to a microcontroller but i am not sure whether it can transmit a video signal
    : When I'm talking about WLAN I meen IEEE 802.11a/b/g. With small antenas you may reach the distance of 500m, When one of them is a little bigger (lets say a 9 dBi colinear antena) you may reach about 1km and transfering huge amount of data at good speed (but on such distance I would slow it down to 1Mb or 2Mb max),
    :
    : I want to use WLAN since my robot will have a PC on it so I may use WLAN without any problems.
    :
    :

Hello,

If you can spare the time,can you let me have more details of your work?I am beginning to think that that WLAN is the way to go wireless and i would like to know more about what you're doing.

Thanks

: Hello,
    :
    : If you can spare the time,can you let me have more details of your work?I am beginning to think that that WLAN is the way to go wireless and i would like to know more about what you're doing.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    This is only a project I count to make as soon as I have so time.
    The idea is to put a PC motherboard into a robot, add a WLAN network card to it and some microcontrolers (maybe 6502).

I hope I will be able to start within 2 months.
    If you find a WLAN camera, you will be able to get the video output on a notebook.