Wireless Video/Image Transmission - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Wireless Video/Image Transmission

Hi,

I have to transmit a visual image from a robot to a PC.Is there anyone
who can tell me what the best camera/transmiter,receiver,wireless system to use would be?

The following things are in particular important:

1)I want to embed the visual image into a GUI as well.
2) Apart from the image,the wireless system must be able to
transmit other data as well (data meaning o say 8 bits)

Any idea of what components would be best?

Thanks

Comments

• PrzemekG_PrzemekG_ Posts: 595Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have to transmit a visual image from a robot to a PC.Is there anyone
    : who can tell me what the best camera/transmiter,receiver,wireless system to use would be?
    :
    : The following things are in particular important:
    :
    : 1)I want to embed the visual image into a GUI as well.
    : 2) Apart from the image,the wireless system must be able to
    : transmit other data as well (data meaning o say 8 bits)
    :
    : Any idea of what components would be best?
    :
    : Thanks

I am planing do a robot with WLAN. I know I saw a WLAN camera some where, but as I remember they wern't cheap.
  • BondfireBondfire Posts: 28Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I have to transmit a visual image from a robot to a PC.Is there anyone
    : : who can tell me what the best camera/transmiter,receiver,wireless system to use would be?
    : : The following things are in particular important:
    : : 1)I want to embed the visual image into a GUI as well.
    : : 2) Apart from the image,the wireless system must be able to
    : : transmit other data as well (data meaning o say 8 bits)
    : : Any idea of what components would be best?
    : : Thanks
    :
    : I am planing do a robot with WLAN. I know I saw a WLAN camera some where, but as I remember they wern't cheap.
    :

Hi..thanks for your reply.

I also came across this that could be useful : the EmbeddedBlue Series eb500 radio module that privides bluetooth connectivity..it can easliy interface to a microcontroller but i am not sure whether it can transmit a video signal

: Hi..thanks for your reply.
    :
    :
    : I also came across this that could be useful : the EmbeddedBlue Series eb500 radio module that privides bluetooth connectivity..it can easliy interface to a microcontroller but i am not sure whether it can transmit a video signal
    :
    :
    When I'm talking about WLAN I meen IEEE 802.11a/b/g. With small antenas you may reach the distance of 500m, When one of them is a little bigger (lets say a 9 dBi colinear antena) you may reach about 1km and transfering huge amount of data at good speed (but on such distance I would slow it down to 1Mb or 2Mb max),

I want to use WLAN since my robot will have a PC on it so I may use WLAN without any problems.

• BondfireBondfire Posts: 28Member
    :
    : : Hi..thanks for your reply.
    : : I also came across this that could be useful : the EmbeddedBlue Series eb500 radio module that privides bluetooth connectivity..it can easliy interface to a microcontroller but i am not sure whether it can transmit a video signal
    : When I'm talking about WLAN I meen IEEE 802.11a/b/g. With small antenas you may reach the distance of 500m, When one of them is a little bigger (lets say a 9 dBi colinear antena) you may reach about 1km and transfering huge amount of data at good speed (but on such distance I would slow it down to 1Mb or 2Mb max),
    :
    : I want to use WLAN since my robot will have a PC on it so I may use WLAN without any problems.
    :
    :

Hello,

If you can spare the time,can you let me have more details of your work?I am beginning to think that that WLAN is the way to go wireless and i would like to know more about what you're doing.

Thanks

: Hello,
    :
    : If you can spare the time,can you let me have more details of your work?I am beginning to think that that WLAN is the way to go wireless and i would like to know more about what you're doing.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    This is only a project I count to make as soon as I have so time.
    The idea is to put a PC motherboard into a robot, add a WLAN network card to it and some microcontrolers (maybe 6502).

I hope I will be able to start within 2 months.
    If you find a WLAN camera, you will be able to get the video output on a notebook.