Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Finalizing a program for sale...

ryguy79ryguy79 Member Posts: 1
Hi. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this message as it is my first but i thought it might be somewhat relative.

I have built a program for a family friend who has plans to sell it nationally. The program itself is complete and has been tested for several weeks in beta....but now we are not sure as to how to proceed.

Question 1.)
Since the program comes with thousands of pictures and takes up several cd', how do i A.)compress or group the pictures into a single file which will be extracted at installation and put into a folder on the users system, or B.)copy the single file over to the user's system and have the program read and find the desired picture.

Question 2.)
related to the above question... I may be making this harder then i should but how do i get a large amount of data stored on several cds. and then when installing the program have to computer prompt the users for cd's 1 2 3 4 etc....

Question 3.) We plan to have 1 program CD and several data cds... he wants the program to require having the cd in the drive in order for the program to run... how do i do this?

Question 4.)
he also wants you to be NOT able to copy the program cd. He says several programs are like that... you can copy several cd's but then the last one or main one will not copy.

Any help with all or just some questions would be GREATLY appreciated...I'm not asking for someone to write code for me if it is needed in some of these cases...just give me an idea of where to look or how to get started.

Thank you all very much!
Ryan

Comments

• softrickssoftricks Member Posts: 24
    : Hi. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this message as it is my first but i thought it might be somewhat relative.
    :
    : I have built a program for a family friend who has plans to sell it nationally. The program itself is complete and has been tested for several weeks in beta....but now we are not sure as to how to proceed.
    :
    : Question 1.)
    : Since the program comes with thousands of pictures and takes up several cd', how do i A.)compress or group the pictures into a single file which will be extracted at installation and put into a folder on the users system, or B.)copy the single file over to the user's system and have the program read and find the desired picture.
    :
    : Question 2.)
    : related to the above question... I may be making this harder then i should but how do i get a large amount of data stored on several cds. and then when installing the program have to computer prompt the users for cd's 1 2 3 4 etc....
    :
    : Question 3.) We plan to have 1 program CD and several data cds... he wants the program to require having the cd in the drive in order for the program to run... how do i do this?
    :
    : Question 4.)
    : he also wants you to be NOT able to copy the program cd. He says several programs are like that... you can copy several cd's but then the last one or main one will not copy.
    :
    : Any help with all or just some questions would be GREATLY appreciated...I'm not asking for someone to write code for me if it is needed in some of these cases...just give me an idea of where to look or how to get started.
    :
    : Thank you all very much!
    : Ryan
    :

'--------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>
    Hi,
    you can find your request at www.softricks.5u.com