Suggestion For all boards on this site - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Suggestion For all boards on this site

I was noticing a lot of threads with zero replies. that takes a while to sift through if you're just wanting to read what people have to answer.

I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to do this:

1) after so many days, remove the unanswered thread from the server. This saves hard-drive space and the readers time.
2) provide a way to filter the unanswered threads out.

I haven't seen option two but if it is available, I'd like to find out :)

that's just my .02 on how to make the site a tad better.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I was noticing a lot of threads with zero replies. that takes a while to sift through if you're just wanting to read what people have to answer.
    :
    : I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to do this:
    :
    : 1) after so many days, remove the unanswered thread from the server. This saves hard-drive space and the readers time.
    : 2) provide a way to filter the unanswered threads out.
    :
    : I haven't seen option two but if it is available, I'd like to find out :)
    :
    : that's just my .02 on how to make the site a tad better.
    :
    :
    I personally don't feel much for the first option, because sometimes I discover something, which some-one once asked. I then go back to that post to answer it. If it was removed, it wouldn't be possible.
    As for the second idea, it is a nice addition. Although I personally wouldn't use it, because if I read back to the answers, I'm always looking for something specific. In this case I use the search features instead of scanning all the messages with replies to it.
  • Eric TetzEric Tetz Posts: 2,141Member
    : I was noticing a lot of threads with zero replies.

That's just a symptom of a more fundamental problem:

http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=28&MsgID=264500

Treat the disease, not the symptom.
  • WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Interesting ideas, I think perhaps a option that you can set that hides inactive threads that have no action after XX days?

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]