mail() only mails to it's own domain... why???? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

mail() only mails to it's own domain... why????

DanyDany Posts: 26Member
Hello,
I have a php page and when I use the mail() function I can only send it to emails at the same domain of the site, if I want to send it to anything else, like a yahoo.com account, it doesn't work.. why? what I wanted was a form that sends a copy of a form to the user's email.
Thank you!!!!
Dany

Comments

• turbo_eagleturbo_eagle Posts: 14Member
    : Hello,
    : I have a php page and when I use the mail() function I can only send it to emails at the same domain of the site, if I want to send it to anything else, like a yahoo.com account, it doesn't work.. why? what I wanted was a form that sends a copy of a form to the user's email.
    : Thank you!!!!
    : Dany
    :
    if you are using your own web server, check your php.ini. also, if you have a firewall, disable it and then try. If you use and ISP or other, check with them about their php.ini to see if it bans out-of-domain e-mails.