Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MySQL and PHP

NytbladeNytblade Posts: 56Member
Ok, I'm trying to write some php scripts that will interact with a MySQL database.
It's my own domain (I paid for it plus the database utilties) set with a user name and password. But I don't know how to connect to my database.
It's there, I set it up and can run queries and stuff like that thru the phpMyAdmin my domain hoster has provided for me.
What I really need, again, is to know the PHP functions and/or commands that will let me log on to my database so I can start doing cool stuff.

--Nytblade

Comments

• turbo_eagleturbo_eagle Posts: 14Member
    : Ok, I'm trying to write some php scripts that will interact with a MySQL database.
    : It's my own domain (I paid for it plus the database utilties) set with a user name and password. But I don't know how to connect to my database.
    : It's there, I set it up and can run queries and stuff like that thru the phpMyAdmin my domain hoster has provided for me.
    : What I really need, again, is to know the PHP functions and/or commands that will let me log on to my database so I can start doing cool stuff.
    :
    :
    :
    : --Nytblade
    :
    The PHP manual for the mysql stuff is http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php. This is the english page of it. It contains all you need to know. I also recomend going to Barnes & Noble or a similiar book store and buying PHP Fast & Easy Web Development by Julie C. Melonie.
    :