MySQL and PHP - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MySQL and PHP

NytbladeNytblade Posts: 56Member
Ok, I'm trying to write some php scripts that will interact with a MySQL database.
It's my own domain (I paid for it plus the database utilties) set with a user name and password. But I don't know how to connect to my database.
It's there, I set it up and can run queries and stuff like that thru the phpMyAdmin my domain hoster has provided for me.
What I really need, again, is to know the PHP functions and/or commands that will let me log on to my database so I can start doing cool stuff.

--Nytblade

Comments

• turbo_eagleturbo_eagle Posts: 14Member
    : Ok, I'm trying to write some php scripts that will interact with a MySQL database.
    : It's my own domain (I paid for it plus the database utilties) set with a user name and password. But I don't know how to connect to my database.
    : It's there, I set it up and can run queries and stuff like that thru the phpMyAdmin my domain hoster has provided for me.
    : What I really need, again, is to know the PHP functions and/or commands that will let me log on to my database so I can start doing cool stuff.
    :
    :
    :
    : --Nytblade
    :
    The PHP manual for the mysql stuff is http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php. This is the english page of it. It contains all you need to know. I also recomend going to Barnes & Noble or a similiar book store and buying PHP Fast & Easy Web Development by Julie C. Melonie.
    :