Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem with setup creation

Navas KPSNavas KPS Posts: 7Member
hai all,
i have a problem with the package and deployment wizard. i develop applications using VB in Windows XP, Windows 2000 etc. when i make the setup and try to install the programs in another computers i get the message " some components in ur system r out of date " like that. the system will prompt me to retstart and again the same problem comes. i cannot say when this will happen exactly. some times it will happen and sometimes not.

please anybody suggest a way to develop setup package to install the programs irrespective of windows versions.

Comments

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : hai all,
    : i have a problem with the package and deployment wizard. i develop applications using VB in Windows XP, Windows 2000 etc. when i make the setup and try to install the programs in another computers i get the message " some components in ur system r out of date " like that. the system will prompt me to retstart and again the same problem comes. i cannot say when this will happen exactly. some times it will happen and sometimes not.
    :
    : please anybody suggest a way to develop setup package to install the programs irrespective of windows versions.
    :
    :
    :

Been a while since I've read about this error, I hope I'm remembering the right one...

Are you using data access components? I believe you need to run mdac_typ.exe before running your setup. Or you can modify the setup program (see setupkit subfolder for more details) to run that exe before doing anything else.
  • vbdeveloper1vbdeveloper1 Posts: 6Member
    : : hai all,
    : : i have a problem with the package and deployment wizard. i develop applications using VB in Windows XP, Windows 2000 etc. when i make the setup and try to install the programs in another computers i get the message " some components in ur system r out of date " like that. the system will prompt me to retstart and again the same problem comes. i cannot say when this will happen exactly. some times it will happen and sometimes not.
    : :
    : : please anybody suggest a way to develop setup package to install the programs irrespective of windows versions.
    :
    : Been a while since I've read about this error, I hope I'm remembering the right one...
    :
    : Are you using data access components? I believe you need to run mdac_typ.exe before running your setup. Or you can modify the setup program (see setupkit subfolder for more details) to run that exe before doing anything else.
    :
    I had the same problem with you, but these instructions didn't help me.

• aza_2001aza_2001 Posts: 123Member
    : : : hai all,
    : : : i have a problem with the package and deployment wizard. i develop applications using VB in Windows XP, Windows 2000 etc. when i make the setup and try to install the programs in another computers i get the message " some components in ur system r out of date " like that. the system will prompt me to retstart and again the same problem comes. i cannot say when this will happen exactly. some times it will happen and sometimes not.
    : : :
    : : : please anybody suggest a way to develop setup package to install the programs irrespective of windows versions.
    : : Been a while since I've read about this error, I hope I'm remembering the right one...
    : : Are you using data access components? I believe you need to run mdac_typ.exe before running your setup. Or you can modify the setup program (see setupkit subfolder for more details) to run that exe before doing anything else.
    : I had the same problem with you, but these instructions didn't help me.
    :
    :

Hi...i had the exact same problem the other day.

all you simply have to do is install the latest VB service pack (Service pack 5 i think) on your development machine, then re-complie ur app and it'll be fine

Aj