cannot access form variables - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

cannot access form variables

DanyDany Posts: 26Member
Hello there, I am learning php (as a beginner, but not beginner programmer) and I am having difficulty accessing form vairables.
I have an html page with the code:

and it's action is to submit to processOrder.php which WILL NOT output when I write:
<?php echo $HTTP_POST_VARS['orderNumber']; ?>
(cannot see the prderNumber variable)
why is that? I tried other scripting styles and it doesn't work, under that I have the line:
<?php echo date('H:i, jS F'); ?>
which does work so I can see the php is working.
What can be the problem?? thank you!
Dany

Comments

• netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : Hello there, I am learning php (as a beginner, but not beginner programmer) and I am having difficulty accessing form vairables.
    : I have an html page with the code:
    :
    : and it's action is to submit to processOrder.php which WILL NOT output when I write:
    : <?php echo $HTTP_POST_VARS['orderNumber']; ?>
    : (cannot see the prderNumber variable)
    : why is that? I tried other scripting styles and it doesn't work, under that I have the line:
    : <?php echo date('H:i, jS F'); ?>
    : which does work so I can see the php is working.
    : What can be the problem?? thank you!
    : Dany
    :
    the -tag should look like this:

[hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]