Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

beginners games programming

pcoastpcoast Posts: 1Member
I'm new to games programming...I would like to create a game in java... i no thats not the easiest thing to do,but im more comfortable with java than C/C++,hense the insistance..

I would also like help with ideas about dissertation...I am to hand in my dissertation in 3 months and require ideas on what to do...(Computer Science final year project)

Comments

• ing_gigioing_gigio Posts: 31Member
    : I'm new to games programming...I would like to create a game in java... i no thats not the easiest thing to do,but im more comfortable with java than C/C++,hense the insistance..
    :
    : I would also like help with ideas about dissertation...I am to hand in my dissertation in 3 months and require ideas on what to do...(Computer Science final year project)
    :

I think U should be more precise about ur skills, ur knowledge and how much time u wanna dedicate to the code part..and how much to the side-things part (graphic, music&sounds, possibility of net gaming). Another essential thing is knowing which kind of games u prefer.

I have a bunch of ideas...Be more accurate and I'll let u know the most fitable oens.

Greetings, ing_gigio

• DarkLight_NixDarkLight_Nix Posts: 2Member
    : I'm new to games programming...I would like to create a game in java... i no thats not the easiest thing to do,but im more comfortable with java than C/C++,hense the insistance..
    :
    : I would also like help with ideas about dissertation...I am to hand in my dissertation in 3 months and require ideas on what to do...(Computer Science final year project)
    :

I thing if want to start at the begining you might want to start with tetris and get that to work the way it should to get the game loop working and limited collistion detection. Then I think you should go to breakout type of game. This will get you more colliistion detection in muliptl directions. then i would fork to eather a platforer or a top view rpg fighter. these will help you develop the AI. and finaly i sugest you write out a nice design doc for a game that you come up with yourself and not a clone of another.

good luck and happy programming.

Nic