Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

directdraw alpha blending (UPDATED) HELP ME!!!!!

Wannabean333Wannabean333 Posts: 85Member
[b][red]This message was edited by Wannabean333 at 2004-6-22 17:6:53[/red][/b][hr]
[b][red]This message was edited by Wannabean333 at 2004-6-22 16:5:53[/red][/b][hr]
hello again,

Right now, I'm improving my old game engine by adding alpha blending capabilities. Since I have no experience with the subject, I turned to open source and freeware to help. I could only find one that I could figure out, because I am using directx and I want it to be fast.

I am using the "improved" version (non-MMX) from this site:
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article817.asp

I compiled the sample file from that article, and when testing the blending speed, the FPS hovered at around 170. When I copied the function into my game library, it still works, but the FPS drops down from about 160 to about 40. When I try the "fast 50/50" function, it drops even further to about 20.

Why would this happen? It works just fine in the sample (which I can compile).

If you know of or have any other alpha blending code that uses directdraw, please tell me!

Please help me out here!!!

Thanks for ANY help!

"It's only worth what someone will pay for it."
-Wannabean333 (*********)