uploading problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

uploading problem

DavidJackson4DavidJackson4 Posts: 33Member
I'm trying to create a webpage where I can upload pictures of books when I enter in the the data. I'm getting this error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/www/BookPicturesTreblinkaPic.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/BelmaresBooks/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/BelmaresBooks/public_html/BookEntryPage.php on line 70

I have two questions:
1. Exactly what is the allowed path here? I'm not used to ':'s being considerred part of a path.
2. Is there any way to change the allowed path? thx

David

Comments

• Mr. EgoMr. Ego Posts: 38Member
    : I'm trying to create a webpage where I can upload pictures of books when I enter in the the data. I'm getting this error:
    :
    : Warning: move_uploaded_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/www/BookPicturesTreblinkaPic.jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/BelmaresBooks/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/BelmaresBooks/public_html/BookEntryPage.php on line 70
    :
    : I have two questions:
    : 1. Exactly what is the allowed path here? I'm not used to ':'s being considerred part of a path.
    : 2. Is there any way to change the allowed path? thx
    :
    : David
    :
    I think there is a problem with writing uploaded file. You should change configuration of your web server or try look into [italic]php.ini[/italic]. There are allowed paths for browsing, viewing and writing. It is for security resons that script cannot write into disabled directories. E.g. when someone tries to damage a server offering public webpages and scripts, he can tell the script to delete or change some files. But this isn't possible because it's disabled by server.
    ":" in allowed paths is only separator, it means that there begins new path behind this.