Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Brainbench C Certification Practice test

chaitanya_lalachaitanya_lala Posts: 6Member
I am about to appear for the Brainbench.com C certification exam. I wanted to take the practice test but it is $25. I would like to know if anybody has any clues to what kinda questions appear on the exam. If a free practice exam is available, I would be thankful.

Comments

• DarknezzDarknezz Posts: 245Member
    Erm, if you know C then i guess the exam won't be a problem for you. If you don't know C then what the hell are you doing taking the exam? Are you trying to get a "qualification" in something you can't do? If so and you proceed to take up a job where knowledge of C is required then you will have a very hard time.
  • ermcoolermcool Posts: 246Member
    : Erm, if you know C then i guess the exam won't be a problem for you. If you don't know C then what the hell are you doing taking the exam? Are you trying to get a "qualification" in something you can't do? If so and you proceed to take up a job where knowledge of C is required then you will have a very hard time.
    :
    Very hard. I suggest studying, mainly definitions as that will be a big part.
  • chaitanya_lalachaitanya_lala Posts: 6Member
    Thanks for the response. I know C pretty well but am trying to get a good score on the test. I am a bit nervous as I do not know what level of questions are asked. Its just that I wanted to know the kind of questions on the test....Any help would be appreciated.

• DarknezzDarknezz Posts: 245Member
    IMO if you know C well then you shouldn't have to worry.
  • ermcoolermcool Posts: 246Member
    : IMO if you know C well then you shouldn't have to worry.
    :

Like I said, remember the definitions of things(or learn them), and remember the 'syntax'. That'll be part I am sure. Never taken it, but I id take a C++ test. Thought I knew it all and wound up with a 30 out of a hundred.
  • dwgeblerdwgebler Posts: 190Member
    I've done the Brainbench C and C++ tests. To be honest, Brainbench certification is not worth nearly as much as they'd like you to believe. The questions revolve mainly around syntax, semantics and error spotting. They are all multiple choice, with questions such as "Which of the following statements is wrong?", "What does this code do?", "What is wrong with this code?" or "Which of the following does not belong? (odd one out)"
    The questions are varied, but are not difficult if you know your stuff, however be warned that they will try and catch you out on small syntactical details and common errors. Hope this is useful.

: : IMO if you know C well then you shouldn't have to worry.
    : :
    :
    : Like I said, remember the definitions of things(or learn them), and remember the 'syntax'. That'll be part I am sure. Never taken it, but I id take a C++ test. Thought I knew it all and wound up with a 30 out of a hundred.
    :