"C" Certification Question - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

"C" Certification Question

corpuswindcorpuswind Posts: 6Member
Hello, All !!!

I'm interested in taking the courses offered by www.e-learningcenter.com, namely "Learn 'C' in 21 Days" and "Learn 'C++' in 21 Days"...

Has anyone here taken them, and, if so, can you offer some feedback about them ???

THANKS for your help !!!

Comments

• shaolin007shaolin007 Posts: 1,018Member
    : Hello, All !!!
    :
    : I'm interested in taking the courses offered by www.e-learningcenter.com, namely "Learn 'C' in 21 Days" and "Learn 'C++' in 21 Days"...
    :
    : Has anyone here taken them, and, if so, can you offer some feedback about them ???
    :
    : THANKS for your help !!!
    :

Depends, how much programming experience do you have? Any BASIC, PASCAL, or any other language experience? If not then I would recommend learning the computer architecture before moving to a language. You'll find that'll help you later when you do program in c or C++.
  • corpuswindcorpuswind Posts: 6Member
    : : Hello, All !!!
    : :
    : : I'm interested in taking the courses offered by www.e-learningcenter.com, namely "Learn 'C' in 21 Days" and "Learn 'C++' in 21 Days"...
    : : Has anyone here taken them, and, if so, can you offer some feedback about them ???
    : : THANKS for your help !!!
    :
    : Depends, how much programming experience do you have? Any BASIC, PASCAL, or any other language experience? If not then I would recommend learning the computer architecture before moving to a language. You'll find that'll help you later when you do program in c or C++.
    :
    I've got 22 years as a programmer, so I might have too much experience... ; - )
    I have specialized in the TANDEM NON-STOP Computer (a mid-range, fault-tolerant server) and feel the need to modernize my skill-set, as I have too many years in TANDEM COBOL and TANDEM TAL (a language similar to C, I hear)... Yes, first 5 years was in EXTENDED BASIC and BASIC PLUS... Any thoughts ???
  • stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : : : Hello, All !!!
    : : :
    : : : I'm interested in taking the courses offered by www.e-learningcenter.com, namely "Learn 'C' in 21 Days" and "Learn 'C++' in 21 Days"...
    : : : Has anyone here taken them, and, if so, can you offer some feedback about them ???
    : : : THANKS for your help !!!
    : : Depends, how much programming experience do you have? Any BASIC, PASCAL, or any other language experience? If not then I would recommend learning the computer architecture before moving to a language. You'll find that'll help you later when you do program in c or C++.
    : I've got 22 years as a programmer, so I might have too much experience... ; - )
    : I have specialized in the TANDEM NON-STOP Computer (a mid-range, fault-tolerant server) and feel the need to modernize my skill-set, as I have too many years in TANDEM COBOL and TANDEM TAL (a language similar to C, I hear)... Yes, first 5 years was in EXTENDED BASIC and BASIC PLUS... Any thoughts ???
    :

[blue]take some university c and c++ courses so that you will have human instructors. Get another degree if you need to (never too old to do that).[/blue]
  • shaolin007shaolin007 Posts: 1,018Member
    : : : Hello, All !!!
    : : : I'm interested in taking the courses offered by www.e-learningcenter.com, namely "Learn 'C' in 21 Days" and "Learn 'C++' in 21 Days"...
    : : : Has anyone here taken them, and, if so, can you offer some feedback about them ???
    : : : THANKS for your help !!!
    : : Depends, how much programming experience do you have? Any BASIC, PASCAL, or any other language experience? If not then I would recommend learning the computer architecture before moving to a language. You'll find that'll help you later when you do program in c or C++.
    : I've got 22 years as a programmer, so I might have too much experience... ; - )
    : I have specialized in the TANDEM NON-STOP Computer (a mid-range, fault-tolerant server) and feel the need to modernize my skill-set, as I have too many years in TANDEM COBOL and TANDEM TAL (a language similar to C, I hear)... Yes, first 5 years was in EXTENDED BASIC and BASIC PLUS... Any thoughts ???
    :

Sounds like to me all you really need to do is buy a book and learn it from there since all programming languages use the same logic. Not unless the class was cost feasible(feasable??).
  • vijay2345vijay2345 Posts: 1Member
    Hello,

I would like to learn Tandem Tal. Can you please suggest site or CBT to learn it?

Thanks in advance,
    Vj
  • LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    I can tell you for certain that you won't learn C in 21 days, and anyone claiming they can teach it that quick are trying to con you.

After 21 days you might know the basic syntax rules. Of course, previous programming experience from other languages helps a lot. To learn how to write efficient C programs takes more time, however. And to learn how to write clean, maintainable, well-structured C programs take many years.

There are hundreds of pitfalls in C, mainly because the language allows so much bad syntax, and many people wrongly believe that if the language allows something, it can't be bad programming.

Apart from that, a quick way to determine if a course is bad is if you see that they aren't teaching the standard. If they aren't, the teacher is probably not experienced enough to teach. The easy way to see this is if a header file with < > symbols around it is used in any example, and it isn't one of the following standard ones:

At the sight of any other file, flee from the course.