Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Oracle vs. the other guys

NytbladeNytblade Member Posts: 56
What advantages are there in using Oracle as opposed to using MySQL, MS Access, or SQL Server?

--Nytblade

Comments

• edwardstoeveredwardstoever Member Posts: 1
    In many cases, Oracle is chosen for a company, because of what they do, or because of an ERP package they buy that runs on the oracle database. If you are creating a database with fewer than 100 tables, I would suggest MySQL or Access. These databases will perform very well in most cases.

If you have to support more than 100 users, I think MySQL is probably better than Access.

If you have to support more than 500 users, you may need Oracle from the start.

Edward -- www.database-expert.com

: What advantages are there in using Oracle as opposed to using MySQL, MS Access, or SQL Server?
    :
    :
    :
    : --Nytblade
    :
    :

• anju119anju119 Member Posts: 4
    ::IT"S FEATURES...... large number of features are provided by Oracle ..for more info go for google give "features of Oracle9i or 8i"....approxi 400 new features were introduced in oracle 9i after it was updated from 8i.... and thus become very complex.. as in oracle 10g concept of grid computing has been introduced .. complexity and price of it's software makes it unapproachable for small enterprises but for big enterprises.. no one can compete with it...
    bye..
    -ana
    busy querying???????.................

: What advantages are there in using Oracle as opposed to using MySQL, MS Access, or SQL Server?
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :

• database_gurudatabase_guru Member Posts: 2
    Check out this paper:

Oracle 10g vs. MS SQL Server 2005 - Features, strengths and weaknesses comparison between Oracle 10g and MSSQL 2005 (Yukon) databases:

http://www.wisdomforce.com/dweb/resources/docs/MSSQL2005_ORACLE10g_compare.pdf

:
    :
    :
    :
    :