Running VB exe files on other computers - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Running VB exe files on other computers

locoloco Posts: 173Member
Hi

How can I run exe files generated from my VB code on other computers that do not have VB. When I run my exe files on other computers that do not have VB I get an error, but when I run those exe files on a computer that has VB they run. Do you know why?

Loco

Comments

• chamlingchamling Posts: 35Member
    : Hi
    :
    : How can I run exe files generated from my VB code on other computers that do not have VB. When I run my exe files on other computers that do not have VB I get an error, but when I run those exe files on a computer that has VB they run. Do you know why?
    :
    : Loco
    :

Hi there!

The exe file compiled from VB requires some run-time libraries. You need to distribute those files along with your VB-compiled exe file if you want it to run on computers which doesn't have VB installed. The required run-time libraries are as follows:

1. MSVBVM60.DLL
    2. OLEAUT32.DLL
    3. OLEPRO32.DLL
    4. ASYCFILT.DLL
    5. STDOLE2.TLB
    6. COMCAT.DLL

The easiest way to get these files along with your application is to use the VB Package and Deployment Wizard to generate the setup file.
  • locoloco Posts: 173Member
    : : Hi
    : :
    : : How can I run exe files generated from my VB code on other computers that do not have VB. When I run my exe files on other computers that do not have VB I get an error, but when I run those exe files on a computer that has VB they run. Do you know why?
    : : Loco
    :
    : Hi there!
    :
    : The exe file compiled from VB requires some run-time libraries. You need to distribute those files along with your VB-compiled exe file if you want it to run on computers which doesn't have VB installed. The required run-time libraries are as follows:
    :
    : 1. MSVBVM60.DLL
    : 2. OLEAUT32.DLL
    : 3. OLEPRO32.DLL
    : 4. ASYCFILT.DLL
    : 5. STDOLE2.TLB
    : 6. COMCAT.DLL
    :
    : The easiest way to get these files along with your application is to use the VB Package and Deployment Wizard to generate the setup file.
    :

How can I get the VB package and Deployment Wizard?

Thanks.
  • KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Posts: 3,948Member
    : : : Hi
    : : :
    : : : How can I run exe files generated from my VB code on other computers that do not have VB. When I run my exe files on other computers that do not have VB I get an error, but when I run those exe files on a computer that has VB they run. Do you know why?
    : : : Loco
    : : Hi there!
    : : The exe file compiled from VB requires some run-time libraries. You need to distribute those files along with your VB-compiled exe file if you want it to run on computers which doesn't have VB installed. The required run-time libraries are as follows:
    : : 1. MSVBVM60.DLL
    : : 2. OLEAUT32.DLL
    : : 3. OLEPRO32.DLL
    : : 4. ASYCFILT.DLL
    : : 5. STDOLE2.TLB
    : : 6. COMCAT.DLL
    : : The easiest way to get these files along with your application is to use the VB Package and Deployment Wizard to generate the setup file.
    :
    : How can I get the VB package and Deployment Wizard?
    :
    : Thanks.
    :

1. I've never known a VB app that needed anything more than vbrunx00.dll or msvbvmx0.dll unless something was explicitly added. And .tlb files never need to be distributed for the exe to work.

2. P&DW is included with VB. If it's not in the Start Menu folder, run setup from the CD and add it. Read it's help file as you go through it, it's easy enough to handle.
  • AcheronXAcheronX Posts: 14Member
    http://www.beatjapan.org/mirror/www.be.com/beware/Development/peinfo.html

All standard VB executables should have an import table showing exactly what DLLs the program will try to import. Use this program to look
    at the table and see what the required files are.