Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

DATABASES, my SQL, access, web development - help please

DanyDany Posts: 26Member
hi there!
I want to start practicing building an online database witha website. I bought a book on php and mySQL to get me started, though for mySQL I need a practice server (which I would need to pay for). Is there anyway maybe I can make a database (mySQL or access) at home and just practice? (just try some simple things) can I link an accessa database to something online?
Thanks!
Any other recommendations are really appreciated cuz I want to learn as much as I can and build professional sites.

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    : hi there!
    : I want to start practicing building an online database witha website. I bought a book on php and mySQL to get me started, though for mySQL I need a practice server (which I would need to pay for). Is there anyway maybe I can make a database (mySQL or access) at home and just practice? (just try some simple things) can I link an accessa database to something online?
    : Thanks!
    : Any other recommendations are really appreciated cuz I want to learn as much as I can and build professional sites.
    :

You don't need to pay for anything to learn PHP and MySQL (open source), you simply have the server as your local computer so you can run your PHP scripts.

Goto php.net to get PHP
    Goto mysql.com to download MySQL client and server
    Goto apache.org to get Apache webserver

All of the above are FREE!

If you want to access MySQL databases over the internet then I would recommend using phpMyAdmin which is quite good for that.

Have fun.

ps - let me know if you need any more help with the PHP stuff

ITA

"Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"