Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

please help:sql server 2000's big problem

JunooniJunooni Posts: 1Member
this has become a big problem for me, i just installed microsoft sql server 2000 on my home pc.i cannot make a new database and i cannot open those folders already made in sql server 2000. Ive installed windows 2000 on my pentium 3 computer(single computer without any other servers).im really tired of this thing any help would be really appreciated.thanks

Comments

• abhishek12abhishek12 Posts: 3Member
    : this has become a big problem for me, i just installed microsoft sql server 2000 on my home pc.i cannot make a new database and i cannot open those folders already made in sql server 2000. Ive installed windows 2000 on my pentium 3 computer(single computer without any other servers).im really tired of this thing any help would be really appreciated.thanks
    : Which OS are you using?? Is it Win 2K Pro or Win 2K Server??? Also, which version on SQL Server 2000 have you installed?? Standard Edition or Enterprise edition. A Standard edition will install only Client components (i.e. query analyser etc.) on Win 2K Pro but will not allow you create any instance or any server. If you want to install the Server componenets you can do one of the following:

1) If Win 2k Pro, you will need to install Enterprize version of SQL Server 2000.

2) Change your OS from Win 2K Pro to Win 2K Server and then install your copy which I suppose is the standard edition.

In both cases, I am assuming the following:
    1) You have Win 2K Pro as OS on your system.
    2) You have installed SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition on the system.

If these are not the cases, do mail me back and I'll try to solve the problem!!!