ASP and Windows ME - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ASP and Windows ME

Hi! :) I'm new here.

I am having issues that perhaps you could help me with please.

I'm trying to build my friend an ASP application using an Access dB on my Windos ME machine.

Issues have arisen. When I posted my form to the login script, it merely showed the text of the page on the screen. I have the Personal Web Server (PWS) installed, running and working, btw.

When I went back to the default homepage which you set up with the PWS (and localhost), I got this message:

---------------------------------------------

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the localhost home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

---------------------------------------------

So what happened there? Looking at the code for the default homepage that ran before I started this, it was running asp. Now I don't know what is going on.

Could it have something to do with the virtual directory I created for my new application I am trying to build?

Please give me some clues.
>_< Please Help me!

Comments

• m00nbeastm00nbeast Posts: 4Member
    oh and now it isn't showing the text from the login script anymore. I dunno whats going on.
    >_< Please Help me!

• satyadevsatyadev Posts: 11Member
    : Hi! :) I'm new here.
    :
    : I am having issues that perhaps you could help me with please.
    :
    : I'm trying to build my friend an ASP application using an Access dB on my Windos ME machine.
    :
    : Issues have arisen. When I posted my form to the login script, it merely showed the text of the page on the screen. I have the Personal Web Server (PWS) installed, running and working, btw.
    :
    : When I went back to the default homepage which you set up with the PWS (and localhost), I got this message:
    :
    : ---------------------------------------------
    :
    : You are not authorized to view this page
    : You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
    :
    : If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the localhost home page.
    :
    : You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.
    :
    : HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    : Internet Explorer
    :
    : ---------------------------------------------
    :
    : So what happened there? Looking at the code for the default homepage that ran before I started this, it was running asp. Now I don't know what is going on.
    :
    : Could it have something to do with the virtual directory I created for my new application I am trying to build?
    :
    : Please give me some clues.
    : >_< Please Help me!

Hi,
    First you have to sure your locathost webserver (PWS) is running successfully.
    Then you can make Virtual directory or put your file in %sysytm_root%/inetpub/wwwroot.
    and open pws and set property (document) and add your home page document name by default your home page document name will be default.asp/default.html/index.asp/index.html etc.

Regards
    Satyadev Singh
    you can join our group
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Devinfoway

• m00nbeastm00nbeast Posts: 4Member
    thanks for your help Satyadev
    I have long since given up on that machine for development. In fact I dont use it anymore and have an XP machine running. I have a webserver I can use if I want to now.
    Have a good day... I will be back for help soon Im sure...

In fact I have a question I will be posting shortly me thinks.

Glenn

: : Hi! :) I'm new here.
    : :
    : : I am having issues that perhaps you could help me with please.
    : : I'm trying to build my friend an ASP application using an Access dB on my Windos ME machine.
    : : Issues have arisen. When I posted my form to the login script, it merely showed the text of the page on the screen. I have the Personal Web Server (PWS) installed, running and working, btw.
    : : When I went back to the default homepage which you set up with the PWS (and localhost), I got this message:
    : : ---------------------------------------------
    : : You are not authorized to view this page
    : : You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
    : : If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the localhost home page.
    : : You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.
    : : HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    : : Internet Explorer
    : : ---------------------------------------------
    : : So what happened there? Looking at the code for the default homepage that ran before I started this, it was running asp. Now I don't know what is going on.
    : : Could it have something to do with the virtual directory I created for my new application I am trying to build?
    : : Please give me some clues.
    : : >_< Please Help me!
    :
    : Hi,
    : First you have to sure your locathost webserver (PWS) is running successfully.
    : Then you can make Virtual directory or put your file in %sysytm_root%/inetpub/wwwroot.
    : and open pws and set property (document) and add your home page document name by default your home page document name will be default.asp/default.html/index.asp/index.html etc.
    :
    : Regards
    : Satyadev Singh
    : you can join our group
    : http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Devinfoway
    :
    :

>_< Please Help me!