Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Regular Expression Help

DynamoCLDynamoCL Posts: 61Member
Hi all,

Just started looking at regular expressions, and it appears that it could help in a problem that I used to spen ages working on.

I have a string for example:
"This [is] a word [document for windows] and it looks [very nice]"

What I want is to return the words in the square brackets. So the answer to the above (useless) string would be:

"is"
"document for windows"
"very nice"

I have tried a few examples, but they don;t work, what Regex should I use.

Thanks.

Comments

• koticsekoticse Posts: 17Member
    Hi,

I don't know If I have understood your question correctly.

If you know what set of words are waste words, u can keep all those words in a string array and then compare each word of the given sentence with all of them and if found, then replace that word with spaces. I understood your question this way.

For example in Google search, it ommits all words like "is", "in", "for", ... I don't know if u trying to do the same. If it is the case, then above idea might help you.

All the best.