USB device driver development - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

USB device driver development

Hi
I am working on a functional device driver for an ISDN HDLC FIFO CONTROLLER.
After having written the source code for it..........I have been able to create a .sys file of it with the help of ddkbuild.bat
Now when I install that driver in the normal mode on my system (which has Windows 2000 professional OS)
..............the driver gets located and as soon as I click to install the driver the system reboots.
When I tried to do the same thing in SAFE mode then the system does not reboot.......(but the status of the device is that driver is not configured properly)..........after this when I reboot the system in normal mode it gives an error
"STOP:0x00000035"........followed by 4 hexadecimal nos.and then it's written that "NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS". I have come to know about some solutions of this problem. I have made one entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEsystemcurrentcontrolsetserviceslanmanserver of REG_DWORD type with assigning its value as 10 . But it has not been of any use. Secondly , i also want to mention that we have used IoAttachToDeviceStack API to properly set stackSize variable of DEVICEOBJECT structure. Both of the above solutions went into vain.
Sir I shall be very grateful if u could help me in this regard
I am eagerly waiting for ur reply

Thanking You
Tarun Bakshi