Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

URGENT: using existing Access 2000 database to visual basic 6 program

hello there,

I got a problem of using my existing Access 2000 database with my program in Visual Basic 6. I tried to open my Access 2000 database from my Visual Basic 6 Visual Data Manager but I always got an error message saying "UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT". Why it is happen? I Visual Basic 6 is not compatible with MS Access 2000?

Please help.

Thank you and more power.

adhecian

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Member Posts: 617
    : hello there,
    :
    : I got a problem of using my existing Access 2000 database with my program in Visual Basic 6. I tried to open my Access 2000 database from my Visual Basic 6 Visual Data Manager but I always got an error message saying "UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT". Why it is happen? I Visual Basic 6 is not compatible with MS Access 2000?
    :
    :
    : Please help.
    :
    : Thank you and more power.
    :
    :
    : adhecian
    :

I haven't used the Database manager in a long time, but don't you have to set the Jet engine version when you open your database?

because 2000 uses 4.0, instead of 3.41.

Can't remember exactly though -- hope it helps

[blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• myth12345myth12345 Member Posts: 7
    [b][red]This message was edited by myth12345 at 2004-12-27 7:7:1[/red][/b][hr]
    : hello there,
    :
    : I got a problem of using my existing Access 2000 database with my program in Visual Basic 6. I tried to open my Access 2000 database from my Visual Basic 6 Visual Data Manager but I always got an error message saying "UNRECOGNIZED DATABASE FORMAT". Why it is happen? I Visual Basic 6 is not compatible with MS Access 2000?
    :
    :
    : Please help.
    :
    : Thank you and more power.
    :
    :
    : adhecian
    :

If you try to open through visual data manager it is not possible. Why do you do that. You Open Access and make the changes in Access.
    All the other coding in vb can be done and it is possible to do all other database operations. Ony you can't open Visual Data Manager