Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Graphics, pcx, memory

Hi...lim trying making a game now....something i need to know...

How can i save a PCX file in the memory...

so i can tell the memory to show the PCX as a Background on the screen

thanks in advance

Comments

• 1. Go to www.wotsis.org, download the pcx format (quite simple), write your own loader for it and tataaa.

2. go to http://www.qzx.com/pc-gpe/pcx.txt, another pcx-format. Too bad all code in there is C, which is pretty weird since the pc-gpe was originally meant the pascal platform.

But hey, pcx is a kinky format. Just wait till you want to load 24 bits pcx's and then learn that you can't have an odd width pcx without having extra whitespace. It is just so much fun. Not.

Better just use raw or semi-raw formats like bmp and tga and pack'm with some external packer or some resource-system.