Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

i can't install Direct x SDK in my computer

alf chanalf chan Member Posts: 4
when i'm trying to install the Directx SDK in my computer, it seems to be a problem occur. It appeared a message which is "Could not create 'C:DOCUME~1ALFRED~1.FRELOCALS~1TempSamplesC#DirectSoundSoundFX' - unzip operation cancelled."

Please try ur best to help me to solve this problem
thank you

Comments

• CroWCroW Member Posts: 348
    what OS do you use?if i remember right,most OS have problems with FAT32-disks and deeper directory-trees.try to install to a path like 'c:dxsdk'...
  • alf chanalf chan Member Posts: 4
    : what OS do you use?if i remember right,most OS have problems with FAT32-disks and deeper directory-trees.try to install to a path like 'c:dxsdk'...
    : sorry, but i dun know what is OS. i don't know everything inside the computer. Could u explain to me what is that and where can i check that? Anyway, thank you for your reply. thanks!!!

OS = Operating sytem. Windows,Linux and Dos are operating systems.

FAT16,FAT32,NTFS,EXT2,EXT3 are filesystems.An OS uses a filesystem to store data on a floppy,harddisk or cdrom.older OSes (DOS/Windows95/98/ME) using FAT,winxp and winNT using ntfs and linux uses ext2/3.

a known limitation of older FAT-systems is,that they cant index pathes with more than 8(?) subdirectoris:

c:dir1dir2dir3dir4dir5dir6dir7dir8dir9

another limitation is,that your path+filename cant be larger than 255 characters.

try to install to 'c:dx9sdk'
    thanks for your explanation. And i did tried your suggestion. But it still not working. it comes out the same message. Is that relate to my sound card or something else? i mean the software.
    [b][red]This message was edited by CroW at 2004-5-28 16:15:5[/red][/b][hr]
    hmm,stupid question,but... do you have enough space on c: to install the complete sdk?running setup.exe from a compressed archive needs extra disk-space for temporary files.

Btw,this thread dont have to do lots with 3D-graphics,perhaps a moderator(Sephiroth?) can move it to dx-programming?
    [b][red]This message was edited by alf chan at 2004-5-29 6:57:14[/red][/b][hr]
    i had 9.61 GB on my computer so i don't think it relates to the space. i really want to show you what is the problems occur on my computer, because i don't know what happened on my computer. But i know it is impossible. can i show you the problems occur during process by using the pictures?

hmm,very strange.does setup create any other files successfully?for example the directgraphics-directory,the VB or c# samples,etc?

what kind of pictures have you in mind?screenshots from what?

@moderator,can we move this thread??