LED Display Board on Serial Port - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

LED Display Board on Serial Port

Hi All

I'm trying to write to an LED Display Board. It has four rows, each about 7 LEDs high and can display about 40 characters each about 5 wide per row. Not too sure though.

Currently it's being controlled by some old software that's not too bad. But I want to improve on it.

I imagine the board has some driver interface so that when you write to the serial port you send an instruction to the driver telling it to set the state of the LED at a specific location.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Please help

Comments

• evilguyevilguy Posts: 2Member
    : Hi All
    :
    : I'm trying to write to an LED Display Board. It has four rows, each about 7 LEDs high and can display about 40 characters each about 5 wide per row. Not too sure though.
    :
    : Currently it's being controlled by some old software that's not too bad. But I want to improve on it.
    :
    : I imagine the board has some driver interface so that when you write to the serial port you send an instruction to the driver telling it to set the state of the LED at a specific location.
    :
    : Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?
    :
    : Please help

i also have a project that similar to you. i have to write a program to control an electronic messager. (like the one that show stock market) but i'm still a student in Computer Enginering couse. still lerning. so i do not have any experiance about those project. can somebody give me an idea about how to do that?

from my reading through the web, i descover a device must have driver to be able to comminicate with PC. but for this electronic messager it not even has a driver. is that mean i have to make such a driver??

but i do have the protocol for message passing. i just dont no how to use it. please help me

• ivan722ivan722 Posts: 3Member
    This post has been deleted.
  • ledtechledtech Posts: 7Member
    This post has been deleted.
  • schwaberryschwaberry Posts: 15Member
    You can ask some professional for the advices you want.