argument passing problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

argument passing problem

softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
Hi!

I'v downloaded the CGI version of php for Windows, It runs on a Win XP. If I want to pass a parameter, like "href=myphp.php?par=mydata" it fails, and myphp does not recieve the variable $par. If I upload it to my webpage provider, where a Linux server runs, all works fine. What did I forgot to setup? Any suggestions would help, cos' I would like to test my app on my homecomputer before I upload it.

Thanks
Softman

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : I'v downloaded the CGI version of php for Windows, It runs on a Win XP. If I want to pass a parameter, like "href=myphp.php?par=mydata" it fails, and myphp does not recieve the variable $par. If I upload it to my webpage provider, where a Linux server runs, all works fine. What did I forgot to setup? Any suggestions would help, cos' I would like to test my app on my homecomputer before I upload it.

What kind of setup do you have for testing locally? You can't just install PHP alone, you'll also need a webserver to serve the pages. Depending on what version of Windows you have, it may come with PWS or IIS. If those aren't an option, Apache (www.apache.org) is a favourite, but if you just want something simple I'd recomment Xitami (www.xitami.com)
  • softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
    : : I'v downloaded the CGI version of php for Windows, It runs on a Win XP. If I want to pass a parameter, like "href=myphp.php?par=mydata" it fails, and myphp does not recieve the variable $par. If I upload it to my webpage provider, where a Linux server runs, all works fine. What did I forgot to setup? Any suggestions would help, cos' I would like to test my app on my homecomputer before I upload it.
    :
    :
    : What kind of setup do you have for testing locally? You can't just install PHP alone, you'll also need a webserver to serve the pages. Depending on what version of Windows you have, it may come with PWS or IIS. If those aren't an option, Apache (www.apache.org) is a favourite, but if you just want something simple I'd recomment Xitami (www.xitami.com)
    :

Thank you!

I use IIS. Since I'v solved the problem. I use $HTTP_GET_VARS instead of $HTTP_POST_VARS, and it works fine. It was my mistake!

Thanks.
    Softman.