Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

argument passing problem

softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
Hi!

I'v downloaded the CGI version of php for Windows, It runs on a Win XP. If I want to pass a parameter, like "href=myphp.php?par=mydata" it fails, and myphp does not recieve the variable $par. If I upload it to my webpage provider, where a Linux server runs, all works fine. What did I forgot to setup? Any suggestions would help, cos' I would like to test my app on my homecomputer before I upload it.

Thanks
Softman

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : I'v downloaded the CGI version of php for Windows, It runs on a Win XP. If I want to pass a parameter, like "href=myphp.php?par=mydata" it fails, and myphp does not recieve the variable $par. If I upload it to my webpage provider, where a Linux server runs, all works fine. What did I forgot to setup? Any suggestions would help, cos' I would like to test my app on my homecomputer before I upload it.

What kind of setup do you have for testing locally? You can't just install PHP alone, you'll also need a webserver to serve the pages. Depending on what version of Windows you have, it may come with PWS or IIS. If those aren't an option, Apache (www.apache.org) is a favourite, but if you just want something simple I'd recomment Xitami (www.xitami.com)
  • softmansoftman Posts: 157Member
    : : I'v downloaded the CGI version of php for Windows, It runs on a Win XP. If I want to pass a parameter, like "href=myphp.php?par=mydata" it fails, and myphp does not recieve the variable $par. If I upload it to my webpage provider, where a Linux server runs, all works fine. What did I forgot to setup? Any suggestions would help, cos' I would like to test my app on my homecomputer before I upload it.
    :
    :
    : What kind of setup do you have for testing locally? You can't just install PHP alone, you'll also need a webserver to serve the pages. Depending on what version of Windows you have, it may come with PWS or IIS. If those aren't an option, Apache (www.apache.org) is a favourite, but if you just want something simple I'd recomment Xitami (www.xitami.com)
    :

Thank you!

I use IIS. Since I'v solved the problem. I use $HTTP_GET_VARS instead of $HTTP_POST_VARS, and it works fine. It was my mistake!

Thanks.
    Softman.