Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Forcing iptables through a SOCKS5 proxy

horobicahorobica Posts: 22Member
Hi ppl!

I have a linux box, providing internet access to a Windows LAN via NAT. The problem is that the internet connection of the linux box has a wide band on the metropolitan area, and almost none in rest. However, i have access to a solaris box that's also in the metro area but has a great internet connection. By "access", I mean I can run a SOCKS5 (or HTTP proxy, but this is harder) daemon on a port of my choice.

So, I figured that if I pass all the TCP traffic from my linux box through the SOCKS5 daemon, the entire LAN will have a wide band connection to the internet.

The problem is that I don't know how to make iptables use the SOCKS5 daemon. Does anybody know how this can be done?