Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Slow Printing of Crystal Report Through Crystal Reports Viewer

ptimmermptimmerm Posts: 1Member
I have an app that is printing a small Crystal Report receipt to a TM-T8III thermal receipt printer. By default the thermal receipt printer is and should be VERY fast. However, through the app, the performance is acceptable, but noticeably slower than one would think.

The report is brought up in the Crystal Reports viewer and then printed with the following code:

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = CR

With CR
.Refresh()
.PrintOptions.PrinterName = "EPSON TM-T88III Receipt"
.PrintToPrinter(1, False, 1, 1)

End With

It prints, and to the proper printer but it is slow. Am I not communicting with the printer properly? I would think that this would use the default windows settings for the printer. It does not cut either when printing through the app.

Any thoughts would b GREATLY appreciated. I am getting ready to pull my hair out.

Paul Timmerman

Comments

• jaczoljaczol Posts: 2Member
    Hi!

Dou you happen to know where there is Crystal Report in Windows Mobile developing with VB.NET?

Best regards,
    Jac

: I have an app that is printing a small Crystal Report receipt to a TM-T8III thermal receipt printer. By default the thermal receipt printer is and should be VERY fast. However, through the app, the performance is acceptable, but noticeably slower than one would think.
    :
    : The report is brought up in the Crystal Reports viewer and then printed with the following code:
    :
    : CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = CR
    :
    : With CR
    : .Refresh()
    : .PrintOptions.PrinterName = "EPSON TM-T88III Receipt"
    : .PrintToPrinter(1, False, 1, 1)
    :
    : End With
    :
    : It prints, and to the proper printer but it is slow. Am I not communicting with the printer properly? I would think that this would use the default windows settings for the printer. It does not cut either when printing through the app.
    :
    : Any thoughts would b GREATLY appreciated. I am getting ready to pull my hair out.
    :
    : Paul Timmerman
    :