Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Embedding IE using only C/C++ & WIN32...

wArewAre Member Posts: 46
So, I'd need to embed Internet Explorer to my app's window, and because I'm not using MFC, only WIN32, that makes it little bit tricky. I know it has something to do with OLE and COM, but that's where my knowledge goes. My question is, taht does anyone know how to embed Internet Explorer to my app's window using WIN32 API and C/C++?
[italic][blue]
wAre
Beginner Programmmer
[/blue][/italic]

Comments

• HEPHEP Member Posts: 113
    : So, I'd need to embed Internet Explorer to my app's window, and because I'm not using MFC, only WIN32, that makes it little bit tricky. I know it has something to do with OLE and COM, but that's where my knowledge goes. My question is, taht does anyone know how to embed Internet Explorer to my app's window using WIN32 API and C/C++?
    : [italic][blue]
    : wAre
    : Beginner Programmmer
    : [/blue][/italic]
    :
    :
    If you insist on writing the whole thing yourself you would need to implement a whole bunch of COM interfaces in your dialog - IOleClientSite, IOleInPlaceSite, IOleControlSite, IAdviseSink, etc. There are about a dozen of them. Getting them all exactly right it is a non-trivial task.

There are some ATL classes that you can use to implement these interfaces - I think they're completely independant of MFC. Those would make your life a lot easier. If you google for "ATL control hosting" you should find the relevant info.