refreshing problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

refreshing problem

CorranCorran Posts: 1Member

Hi everybody!

I'm having a bit of a problem with a page I'm trying to construct.
The page contains a form on which I have placed several different input types (select, radio, etc ...).
Now each time I select some values from the input types after which I refresh the page, all variables within the input types are returned to their standard values; the entire page just starts all over!

I know there is some way to keep this from happening but I'm not sure about the exact syntax I should use. Can anybody help me?

Thnx

Corran

Comments

• tvientitvienti Posts: 230Member
    Corran,

It sounds like you're coming from an ASP.NET background. If you want to retain input values on a page after it's refreshed, it requires a little more legwork in PHP.

Basically the PHP needs to spit the form data back out with the values set... for example

' name='my_input'>

Hope that helps

T

:
    : Hi everybody!
    :
    : I'm having a bit of a problem with a page I'm trying to construct.
    : The page contains a form on which I have placed several different input types (select, radio, etc ...).
    : Now each time I select some values from the input types after which I refresh the page, all variables within the input types are returned to their standard values; the entire page just starts all over!
    :
    : I know there is some way to keep this from happening but I'm not sure about the exact syntax I should use. Can anybody help me?
    :
    : Thnx
    :
    : Corran
    :