Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

linux mqueue not available?

Stor_GStor_G Posts: 2Member
Hello,
I need to use a message queue in my application.
and i found a few websites which describe a ready and implemented one.
it contained a few access methods like mq_open, mq_send etc., and requires a header mqueue.h
i ran a man search for the functions, yet i found nothing.
and ran a search for the mqueue.h file on the machine yet again found nothing.
however, online man pages include data about the functions.
i'm using linux 7.3 kernel 2.6.1 (recently updated)
and the mqueue should exist in this version for the best of my knowledge.
does anyone know why i can't use mqueue or where i can get a package to install to add support for it?
thanks

Comments

• satharielsathariel Posts: 59Member
    : Hello,
    : I need to use a message queue in my application.
    : and i found a few websites which describe a ready and implemented one.
    : it contained a few access methods like mq_open, mq_send etc., and requires a header mqueue.h
    : i ran a man search for the functions, yet i found nothing.
    : and ran a search for the mqueue.h file on the machine yet again found nothing.
    : however, online man pages include data about the functions.
    : i'm using linux 7.3 kernel 2.6.1 (recently updated)
    : and the mqueue should exist in this version for the best of my knowledge.
    : does anyone know why i can't use mqueue or where i can get a package to install to add support for it?
    : thanks
    :

Hi,

sounds a little bit like You try to use MQ Series. This is a commercial product from IBM. Maybe You find more information on their website.
    [black]SaThaRiel[/black]

[size=1][blue]Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked something.[/blue][/size]