Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

alternative php usage

ctw04ctw04 Posts: 1Member
Hi guys,
I want to create an application in php which will allow me read, write and store data on a local machine. I am basically want to create a personal organiser application but i do not want to store data on my server since it would be costly and difficult to managa 100s of users' personal data. I was thinking how possible will it be to store the data on the user's client machine. Any thoughts....thanks alot -)

Comments

• netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : Hi guys,
    : I want to create an application in php which will allow me read, write and store data on a local machine. I am basically want to create a personal organiser application but i do not want to store data on my server since it would be costly and difficult to managa 100s of users' personal data. I was thinking how possible will it be to store the data on the user's client machine. Any thoughts....thanks alot -)
    :
    storing the data on customers machine is a no-go. you will need a lot of work to establish a connection (the user might be behind a firewall, router etc that wont allow incoming connections or just port forwarding hasnt been configured on router, then its ISP may do a lot of crap to block incoming connections, filter ports etc etc). and it would increase the traffic A LOT, so just drop the idea. theres no idea behind it when all data is on their own machines, so why the heck they need you? :-D
    ok, just make a control panel for managing them, its not hard and its not costly (as long as they pay you for the service)
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]