alternative php usage - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

alternative php usage

ctw04ctw04 Posts: 1Member
Hi guys,
I want to create an application in php which will allow me read, write and store data on a local machine. I am basically want to create a personal organiser application but i do not want to store data on my server since it would be costly and difficult to managa 100s of users' personal data. I was thinking how possible will it be to store the data on the user's client machine. Any thoughts....thanks alot -)

Comments

• netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : Hi guys,
    : I want to create an application in php which will allow me read, write and store data on a local machine. I am basically want to create a personal organiser application but i do not want to store data on my server since it would be costly and difficult to managa 100s of users' personal data. I was thinking how possible will it be to store the data on the user's client machine. Any thoughts....thanks alot -)
    :
    storing the data on customers machine is a no-go. you will need a lot of work to establish a connection (the user might be behind a firewall, router etc that wont allow incoming connections or just port forwarding hasnt been configured on router, then its ISP may do a lot of crap to block incoming connections, filter ports etc etc). and it would increase the traffic A LOT, so just drop the idea. theres no idea behind it when all data is on their own machines, so why the heck they need you? :-D
    ok, just make a control panel for managing them, its not hard and its not costly (as long as they pay you for the service)
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]