Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

FIle system help

singhaxnsinghaxn Posts: 15Member
Hi,

Didn't know where exactly to put this message. Thought this to be the best place.
I'm looking for a general, possibly technical, comparison between file systems (covering points such as "access time", "storage format", "file deletion procedure", etc.) of FAT based and Inode based file-systems.
It would be great if someone could direct me to such a website.

Thanks,
-Akshay

Comments

• PrzemekG_PrzemekG_ Posts: 595Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : Didn't know where exactly to put this message. Thought this to be the best place.
    : I'm looking for a general, possibly technical, comparison between file systems (covering points such as "access time", "storage format", "file deletion procedure", etc.) of FAT based and Inode based file-systems.
    : It would be great if someone could direct me to such a website.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : -Akshay
    :

Everything depends on your needs. If you are an OS developer try http://osdev.org

If you thing this is the correct place for your question and you are not an os developer, you probably want ext2/3, reiserfs or bfs (befs).