Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ctrl alt del

didanididani Posts: 99Member
ever wondered if it is possible to hide your program from the ctrl alt del command? It is:

[code]
Private Declare Function RegisterServiceProcess Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwProcessID As Long, ByVal dwType As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetCurrentProcessId Lib "kernel32" () As Long

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim pid As Long
pid = GetCurrentProcessId()
RegisterServiceProcess pid, 1
End Sub
[/code]

Thanx to the normal VB messageboard

EtHeO Out...

Comments

• code37code37 Posts: 3Member
    : ever wondered if it is possible to hide your program from the ctrl alt del command? It is:
    :
    : [code]
    : Private Declare Function RegisterServiceProcess Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwProcessID As Long, ByVal dwType As Long) As Long
    : Private Declare Function GetCurrentProcessId Lib "kernel32" () As Long
    :
    : Private Sub Form_Load()
    : Dim pid As Long
    : pid = GetCurrentProcessId()
    : RegisterServiceProcess pid, 1
    : End Sub
    : [/code]
    :
    : Thanx to the normal VB messageboard
    :
    : EtHeO Out...

Ey that don't work!
  • ranainnetranainnet Posts: 54Member
    Sorry "code37" you must have done something wrong.

I've tried the code in my pc (windows 98 with VB6) and it worked perfectly.

Check your program carefully again and I M sure u can detect if there is anything wrong.

(I don't know whether this code works on win2000, XP etc. but in 98 it is working very fine)
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Knowledge Is Power. Be Sure To Use This Power For Others WelFare. (;->

• WEBMASTER1WEBMASTER1 Posts: 2Member
    Yes this is not working on my windows xp :(
  • didanididani Posts: 99Member
    : Yes this is not working on my windows xp :(
    :

Windows XP uses a different way of showing active processes. It's still possible to prevent your application from being seen, however. In order to do so, you must have the device loaded as a device driver for a fictational device.

EtHeO out...

• silicon knightsilicon knight Posts: 4Member
    : : Yes this is not working on my windows xp :(
    : :
    :
    : Windows XP uses a different way of showing active processes. It's still possible to prevent your application from being seen, however. In order to do so, you must have the device loaded as a device driver for a fictational device.
    :
    :
    : EtHeO out...
    :
    :

bummer its a shame for XP users ;)