Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Refreshing My Webpage Automatically

Hi,
I'm having one Excel Workbook onto which some data is getting update at a scan time of 30 seconds.Once the data is getting updated I'm saving the File with ".xlhtml" extention (i.e as a webpage).
This page is then being hosted on the IIS though which several clients are accessing and viewing the data displayed on the webpage.
The Client's expectation is that the page should be refreshed and updated automatically without he pressing the Refresh button available on the browser.
I want to know how can this be done.
I know a meta tag will refresh the page automatically
but how can i add this TAg to my Excel File.

Your help is immediately needed

Comments

• WeirdofreakWeirdofreak Posts: 439Member
    I don't think you can, although I've never heard of xlhtml, so I could be wrong. Instead, you could use a regular HTML page and import the speadsheet into it via an object tag (I think you want the data attribute to specify the location, but I'm not certain) or an Iframe. Then put the meta tag into the HTML and Bob's yer uncle.