Keeping it straight - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Keeping it straight

mremanmreman Posts: 2Member
Hey everyone,
OK, I am a newb. I have been trying to complete a program for class and havent been able to keep some things straight in the console.

I input
Console.WriteLine(" |{0}|{1}|{2}|{3}|{4}|", gameBoard(0, 0), gameBoard(0, 1), gameBoard(0, 2), gameBoard(0, 3), gameBoard(0, 4))

Console.WriteLine(" |{0}|{1}|{2}|{3}|{4}|", gameBoard(1, 0), gameBoard(1, 1), gameBoard(1, 2), gameBoard(1, 3), gameBoard(1, 4))

Console.WriteLine(" |{0}|{1}|{2}|{3}|{4}|", gameBoard(2, 0), gameBoard(2, 1), gameBoard(2, 2), gameBoard(2, 3), gameBoard(2, 4))

Console.WriteLine(" |{0}|{1}|{2}|{3}|{4}|", gameBoard(3, 0), gameBoard(3, 1), gameBoard(3, 2), gameBoard(3, 3), gameBoard(3, 4))

Console.WriteLine(" |{0}|{1}|{2}|{3}|{4}|", gameBoard(4, 0), gameBoard(4, 1), gameBoard(4, 2), gameBoard(4, 3), gameBoard(4, 4))

Which writes my array to the console .. in this program the user can input a number between 1 and 25 into any area in the array . If it is a single digit number the array table stays alligned in the console. If someone inputs a double digit into the array it throws the look off and it is nolonger a square. Is there any way that I can keep the board straight?

Comments