Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

need ur help

s7r1ngss7r1ngs Posts: 19Member
[b][red]This message was edited by s7r1ngs at 2004-5-2 23:6:18[/red][/b][hr]
Hello
I am a newbie in php / sql

and dont even know how i can make it work...

I installed apache... GOT an ERROR...
So, i tried abyss server...
Now, my PHP is working flawless...

But, the problem is with MySql...
I installed that in my pc...
But dont know how can i make it work....
ERROR is :

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'me@localhost' (Using password: YES) in C:AWebServerhtdocsdb.php on line 6
.: Main :.

Notice: Undefined variable: action in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 24

Notice: Use of undefined constant install - assumed 'install' in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 24

Notice: Undefined variable: action in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 33

Notice: Use of undefined constant install2 - assumed 'install2' in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 33

Notice: Undefined variable: action in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 54

I think i have to connect my webserver to sql... BUT HOW????

Plz help me!

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by s7r1ngs at 2004-5-2 23:6:18[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hello
    : I am a newbie in php / sql
    :
    : and dont even know how i can make it work...
    :
    : I installed apache... GOT an ERROR...
    : So, i tried abyss server...
    : Now, my PHP is working flawless...
    :
    : But, the problem is with MySql...
    : I installed that in my pc...
    : But dont know how can i make it work....
    : ERROR is :
    :
    : Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'me@localhost' (Using password: YES) in C:AWebServerhtdocsdb.php on line 6
    : .: Main :.
    :
    :
    : Notice: Undefined variable: action in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 24
    :
    : Notice: Use of undefined constant install - assumed 'install' in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 24
    :
    : Notice: Undefined variable: action in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 33
    :
    : Notice: Use of undefined constant install2 - assumed 'install2' in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 33
    :
    : Notice: Undefined variable: action in C:AWebServerhtdocsindex.php on line 54
    :
    :
    : I think i have to connect my webserver to sql... BUT HOW????
    :
    : Plz help me!

For the mySQL part, you're trying to connect as use "me", did you create that user in mySQL? Do the passwords match correctly? Did you allow access from machine "localhost"?

For the rest, you'll probably have to post the relevant code. By that, I mean if the script is 1000 lines, don't paste them all. Just the lines referenced in the errors, and the ones around them (so we can see them in the proper context)
  • s7r1ngss7r1ngs Posts: 19Member
    well! leave all that....

i designed a simple form with two input field name & age...
    now i want to store them in a text file...(better in a database).

i know the php part but i dont know how to send output to a database... i want to use access or sql ...
    plz ... i hope u got my point...

Thnx
  • ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : well! leave all that....
    :
    : i designed a simple form with two input field name & age...
    : now i want to store them in a text file...(better in a database).
    :
    : i know the php part but i dont know how to send output to a database... i want to use access or sql ...
    : plz ... i hope u got my point...

If you go to www.php.net and look up the mysql functions (they all start with mysql_), you'll find all the examples you'll ever need. I've never worked with Access from PHP, so I'm not sure how to handle that.
  • s7r1ngss7r1ngs Posts: 19Member
    thnx anywayz for ur help.....

I will try for the link ...