Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Programming the Big Bang

ArcadionArcadion Posts: 8Member
Would it be possible to program an atom and replicate it a lot so that you could get an artificial big bang and an evolving solar system? This seems like a huge task, but definately not as huge as programming the whole of earth. I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I realised that you would probably need a massive supercomputer to run a solar system, but if anyone has any ideas on this than that would be great. Also, if you were to create a world would you use c++ or the virtual reality language (which i have forgotten what its called).

Comments

• chick80chick80 Posts: 349Member
    If it would be so simple we would travel with the teletransport.
    Pheraphs you don't exactly know how atoms interact between them...
    Take a look at Shroedinger equation and you'll see!

btw, pheraphs a quantistic cpu would help...

bye
    nICO

: Would it be possible to program an atom and replicate it a lot so that you could get an artificial big bang and an evolving solar system? This seems like a huge task, but definately not as huge as programming the whole of earth. I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I realised that you would probably need a massive supercomputer to run a solar system, but if anyone has any ideas on this than that would be great. Also, if you were to create a world would you use c++ or the virtual reality language (which i have forgotten what its called).
    :

[hr]
    [italic]How beautiful, if Sorrow had not made sorrow more beautiful than Beauty itself.[/italic]
    JOHN KEATS

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2004-5-1 10:33:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : Would it be possible to program an atom and replicate it a lot so that you could get an artificial big bang and an evolving solar system? This seems like a huge task, but definately not as huge as programming the whole of earth. I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I realised that you would probably need a massive supercomputer to run a solar system, but if anyone has any ideas on this than that would be great. Also, if you were to create a world would you use c++ or the virtual reality language (which i have forgotten what its called).
    :

it would take a monstrus computer just to replicate an atom to the size of a chicken egg, let alone the known universe! I hope you didn't intend to display that lifesize ):