Programming the Big Bang - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Programming the Big Bang

ArcadionArcadion Posts: 8Member
Would it be possible to program an atom and replicate it a lot so that you could get an artificial big bang and an evolving solar system? This seems like a huge task, but definately not as huge as programming the whole of earth. I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I realised that you would probably need a massive supercomputer to run a solar system, but if anyone has any ideas on this than that would be great. Also, if you were to create a world would you use c++ or the virtual reality language (which i have forgotten what its called).

Comments

• chick80chick80 Posts: 349Member
    If it would be so simple we would travel with the teletransport.
    Pheraphs you don't exactly know how atoms interact between them...
    Take a look at Shroedinger equation and you'll see!

btw, pheraphs a quantistic cpu would help...

bye
    nICO

: Would it be possible to program an atom and replicate it a lot so that you could get an artificial big bang and an evolving solar system? This seems like a huge task, but definately not as huge as programming the whole of earth. I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I realised that you would probably need a massive supercomputer to run a solar system, but if anyone has any ideas on this than that would be great. Also, if you were to create a world would you use c++ or the virtual reality language (which i have forgotten what its called).
    :

[hr]
    [italic]How beautiful, if Sorrow had not made sorrow more beautiful than Beauty itself.[/italic]
    JOHN KEATS

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2004-5-1 10:33:40[/red][/b][hr]
    : Would it be possible to program an atom and replicate it a lot so that you could get an artificial big bang and an evolving solar system? This seems like a huge task, but definately not as huge as programming the whole of earth. I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I realised that you would probably need a massive supercomputer to run a solar system, but if anyone has any ideas on this than that would be great. Also, if you were to create a world would you use c++ or the virtual reality language (which i have forgotten what its called).
    :

it would take a monstrus computer just to replicate an atom to the size of a chicken egg, let alone the known universe! I hope you didn't intend to display that lifesize ):