Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

vocal syntesizer

tesssorotesssoro Posts: 2Member
I'm triying to find a Delphi's component that allows me to work with a "vocal syntesizer". (I'm not sure it calls in that way)
I want to take a sentence from a "*.txt" file or from a table and then to hear its content through a vocal syntesizer.
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I'm triying to find a Delphi's component that allows me to work with a "vocal syntesizer". (I'm not sure it calls in that way)
    : I want to take a sentence from a "*.txt" file or from a table and then to hear its content through a vocal syntesizer.
    : Thank you for your help.
    :
    :
    I haven't found a component, but I have found various sites about the Nuance vocalizer. This product uses interface to provide other program with speech-recognition and speech-generation. Delphi can import these interfaces automatically and create a unit for them. All you need to do then is to learn to use that interface.

• GarryPaxtonGarryPaxton Posts: 66Member
    : : I'm triying to find a Delphi's component that allows me to work with a "vocal syntesizer". (I'm not sure it calls in that way)
    : : I want to take a sentence from a "*.txt" file or from a table and then to hear its content through a vocal syntesizer.
    : : Thank you for your help.
    : :
    : I haven't found a component, but I have found various sites about the Nuance vocalizer. This product uses interface to provide other program with speech-recognition and speech-generation. Delphi can import these interfaces automatically and create a unit for them. All you need to do then is to learn to use that interface.
    :
    :
    Also, try the following as a good reference point for TextToSpeech using Microsoft's SAPI in Delphi.

www.blong.co.uk/Conferences/DCon2002/Speech/SAPI51/SAPI51.htm

Delphi 6 Pro has sample code that includes example of SAPI TextToSpeech.

• tesssorotesssoro Posts: 2Member
    : : : I'm triying to find a Delphi's component that allows me to work with a "vocal syntesizer". (I'm not sure it calls in that way)
    : : : I want to take a sentence from a "*.txt" file or from a table and then to hear its content through a vocal syntesizer.
    : : : Thank you for your help.
    : : :
    : : :
    : : I haven't found a component, but I have found various sites about the Nuance vocalizer. This product uses interface to provide other program with speech-recognition and speech-generation. Delphi can import these interfaces automatically and create a unit for them. All you need to do then is to learn to use that interface.
    : Also, try the following as a good reference point for TextToSpeech using Microsoft's SAPI in Delphi.
    :
    : www.blong.co.uk/Conferences/DCon2002/Speech/SAPI51/SAPI51.htm
    :
    : Delphi 6 Pro has sample code that includes example of SAPI TextToSpeech.
    :
    :

:
    Thank you so much! I have finally an application that speaks...
    I have downloaded and installed Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and DTalk3.
    It's wonderful!