vocal syntesizer - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

vocal syntesizer

tesssorotesssoro Posts: 2Member
I'm triying to find a Delphi's component that allows me to work with a "vocal syntesizer". (I'm not sure it calls in that way)
I want to take a sentence from a "*.txt" file or from a table and then to hear its content through a vocal syntesizer.
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I'm triying to find a Delphi's component that allows me to work with a "vocal syntesizer". (I'm not sure it calls in that way)
    : I want to take a sentence from a "*.txt" file or from a table and then to hear its content through a vocal syntesizer.
    : Thank you for your help.
    :
    :
    I haven't found a component, but I have found various sites about the Nuance vocalizer. This product uses interface to provide other program with speech-recognition and speech-generation. Delphi can import these interfaces automatically and create a unit for them. All you need to do then is to learn to use that interface.

• GarryPaxtonGarryPaxton Posts: 66Member
    : : I'm triying to find a Delphi's component that allows me to work with a "vocal syntesizer". (I'm not sure it calls in that way)
    : : I want to take a sentence from a "*.txt" file or from a table and then to hear its content through a vocal syntesizer.
    : : Thank you for your help.
    : :
    : I haven't found a component, but I have found various sites about the Nuance vocalizer. This product uses interface to provide other program with speech-recognition and speech-generation. Delphi can import these interfaces automatically and create a unit for them. All you need to do then is to learn to use that interface.
    :
    :
    Also, try the following as a good reference point for TextToSpeech using Microsoft's SAPI in Delphi.

www.blong.co.uk/Conferences/DCon2002/Speech/SAPI51/SAPI51.htm

Delphi 6 Pro has sample code that includes example of SAPI TextToSpeech.

• tesssorotesssoro Posts: 2Member
    : : : I'm triying to find a Delphi's component that allows me to work with a "vocal syntesizer". (I'm not sure it calls in that way)
    : : : I want to take a sentence from a "*.txt" file or from a table and then to hear its content through a vocal syntesizer.
    : : : Thank you for your help.
    : : :
    : : :
    : : I haven't found a component, but I have found various sites about the Nuance vocalizer. This product uses interface to provide other program with speech-recognition and speech-generation. Delphi can import these interfaces automatically and create a unit for them. All you need to do then is to learn to use that interface.
    : Also, try the following as a good reference point for TextToSpeech using Microsoft's SAPI in Delphi.
    :
    : www.blong.co.uk/Conferences/DCon2002/Speech/SAPI51/SAPI51.htm
    :
    : Delphi 6 Pro has sample code that includes example of SAPI TextToSpeech.
    :
    :

:
    Thank you so much! I have finally an application that speaks...
    I have downloaded and installed Microsoft Speech SDK 5.1 and DTalk3.
    It's wonderful!