Forms and drop down selections help - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Forms and drop down selections help

yojiryojir Posts: 1Member
im a newbie when it comes to html programming. can somebody tell me how to make form in a very simple html code? also, can you tell me how to make a drop down selection code where users can choose among the choices on the drop down list? :) Thanks!!!!!

Comments

• WeirdofreakWeirdofreak Posts: 439Member
    ... = the tags that denote a form, surprisingly. Not strictly necessary, unless you want it to do something, but you should have it there, as it's good practice.

= the tag that denotes a textbox (default/type="text"), checkbox (type="checkbox", IIRC), radio button (type="radio", give more than one the same name to group them together), button (type="button"), reset button (type="reset"), submit button (type="submit") or password box (type="password"). Value attribute holds the default value for textboxes and password fields, or the text that shows up on the various buttons.

... = multiline textbox, like the reply box. The default value is held between the tags.

... = select box. tags denote the various options, size tells it how many options to show at once, and the multiple attribute tells it that you can select more than one at a time.

I did all that from memory, so I might have got something wrong. A go0d resource is http://freespace.virgin.net/sizzling.jalfrezi/iniframe.htm