Mp3 player code! - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Mp3 player code!

I know this has been asked for alot, and I finally have seen code to make an Mp3 player!

Goto

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/

Thought some of you might find it helpful!

Comments

• He's using embeded WMP.

I doubt an MP3 player can be written in VB...sorry.

-Robert

• : He's using embeded WMP.

:

: I doubt an MP3 player can be written in VB...sorry.

:

: -Robert

:

Response to Robert;

I am sure that's possible to do an MP3 player in vb. I have seen several years ago a basic programm that play wav without any external controls, only with the sound command !

and you know that an mp3 is only a wav compressed, right ?

• : Response to Robert;

:

: I am sure that's possible to do an MP3 player in vb. I have seen several years ago a basic programm that play wav without any external controls, only with the sound command !

: and you know that an mp3 is only a wav compressed, right ?

:

QBasic can make a .wav or .mp3 player because it can access the soundcard directly. Visual Basic cannot access the soundcard directly and so it cannot make a player without any external controls/dlls.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

• Sounds bad :(

Sorry, if I found a solution I'll post it here...

@+

• in windows u can play an mp3-compressed wave file if you have the mp3 codec installed. there are many codecs for free.

plus: you need something like a media player, or something to be able to stream to the sound card. i dont really know how this all goes, but i'm sure that what i said is true.

: : He's using embeded WMP.

: :

: : I doubt an MP3 player can be written in VB...sorry.

: : -Robert

:

: Response to Robert;

:

: I am sure that's possible to do an MP3 player in vb. I have seen several years ago a basic programm that play wav without any external controls, only with the sound command !

: and you know that an mp3 is only a wav compressed, right ?

: