Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Load Balancing

CoolrizCoolriz Posts: 3Member
Hi all,
I am trying to access the system level resources from a java program .. can any body guide me how to do it .. I just can't find any method...
I specifically need information about the CPU usage ... number of processes running on the system ... and the percentage of free mem available on the OS level (not the JVM level)....

I need this info very urgently... any sort of help, comment will be greatly acknowledged ...
thanxxx in advance
:)

Comments

• kc2keokc2keo Posts: 110Member
    : Hi all,
    : I am trying to access the system level resources from a java program .. can any body guide me how to do it .. I just can't find any method...
    : I specifically need information about the CPU usage ... number of processes running on the system ... and the percentage of free mem available on the OS level (not the JVM level)....
    :
    : I need this info very urgently... any sort of help, comment will be greatly acknowledged ...
    : thanxxx in advance
    : :)
    :

Well. If your trying to access system level resources I think you should use c or c++. In java I dont believe you could access System level resources. Did you try looking through the java api?

George

<------------------------------------------>

Reach me at:

AIM IM: kc2keo
    EMAIL: kc2keo@yahoo.com

• CodeSmithCodeSmith Posts: 2Member
    : : Hi all,
    : : I am trying to access the system level resources from a java program .. can any body guide me how to do it .. I just can't find any method...
    : : I specifically need information about the CPU usage ... number of processes running on the system ... and the percentage of free mem available on the OS level (not the JVM level)....
    : :
    : : I need this info very urgently... any sort of help, comment will be greatly acknowledged ...
    : : thanxxx in advance
    : : :)
    : :
    :
    : Well. If your trying to access system level resources I think you should use c or c++. In java I dont believe you could access System level resources. Did you try looking through the java api?
    :
    : George
    :
    : <------------------------------------------>
    :
    : Reach me at:
    :
    : AIM IM: kc2keo
    : EMAIL: kc2keo@yahoo.com
    :
    : well if your app is going to run on a linux box, you can just read the files in the /proc filesystem, since the files in there contain the cpu usage, mem usage, amount of procceses. /proc = proccesses. Have no clue how you would do this. But I know what the filesystem is used for in linux. Hope this helps.