Creating a .bat file that opens, pauses & closes MS Excel - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Creating a .bat file that opens, pauses & closes MS Excel

I am a beginner programmer and have never created a .bat file. Although I have "some" prior knowledge of VB.
I am in need of creating a bat file (or something comparable) that I can put into Scheduler to run every morning.

The idea is to open Excel (Excel is set up to open the file automatically), pause for 30 seconds (an automatic update happens during this time), save the file (overwrite), and then close Excel.
I have not been successful finding switches for Excel (start it, save and close). Any switches, examples or ideas you can provide would be extremely helpful. Thanks, Alexa