Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Dephi 7 and Windows 98

ZekkieZekkie Posts: 3Member
When installing a Delpi 7 program with install shield on Windows 98, we get the following error when running the exe: 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. Any solutions?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : When installing a Delpi 7 program with install shield on Windows 98, we get the following error when running the exe: 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. Any solutions?
    :
    :
    D7 is designed for microsoft's .NET architecture. This means that you either have to upgrade win98 to that, or downgrade Delphi to I think 6 (and I know D5).
  • ZekkieZekkie Posts: 3Member
    : : When installing a Delpi 7 program with install shield on Windows 98, we get the following error when running the exe: 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. Any solutions?
    : :
    : D7 is designed for microsoft's .NET architecture. This means that you either have to upgrade win98 to that, or downgrade Delphi to I think 6 (and I know D5).
    : Our application doesn't use .NET technology. If I compile a small, one-form delphi7 project, using 1 paradox table, it runs fine on Windows 98, but our main application gives the error 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. According to the delphi7 documentation, it should run on windows 98. Any one with a solution?

: : : When installing a Delpi 7 program with install shield on Windows 98, we get the following error when running the exe: 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. Any solutions?
    : : :
    : : D7 is designed for microsoft's .NET architecture. This means that you either have to upgrade win98 to that, or downgrade Delphi to I think 6 (and I know D5).
    : : Our application doesn't use .NET technology. If I compile a small, one-form delphi7 project, using 1 paradox table, it runs fine on Windows 98, but our main application gives the error 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. According to the delphi7 documentation, it should run on windows 98. Any one with a solution?
    :
    :
    Then I would suggest that you try to narrow down, which part of the application makes it corrupt. You can do this by removing features from the application and each time recompile it and try to run it. Then you can try to find a work-around for or debug that single feature.

• ZekkieZekkie Posts: 3Member
    : : : : When installing a Delpi 7 program with install shield on Windows 98, we get the following error when running the exe: 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. Any solutions?
    : : : :
    : : : :
    : : : D7 is designed for microsoft's .NET architecture. This means that you either have to upgrade win98 to that, or downgrade Delphi to I think 6 (and I know D5).
    : : : Our application doesn't use .NET technology. If I compile a small, one-form delphi7 project, using 1 paradox table, it runs fine on Windows 98, but our main application gives the error 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. According to the delphi7 documentation, it should run on windows 98. Any one with a solution?
    : Then I would suggest that you try to narrow down, which part of the application makes it corrupt. You can do this by removing features from the application and each time recompile it and try to run it. Then you can try to find a work-around for or debug that single feature.
    :
    : Looks like we solved the problem - our exe was 18mb big, we discarded a few of the units resulting in an exe of 15.572mb which does run on windows 98. What could be the reason?

: : : : : When installing a Delpi 7 program with install shield on Windows 98, we get the following error when running the exe: 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. Any solutions?
    : : : : :
    : : : : :
    : : : : D7 is designed for microsoft's .NET architecture. This means that you either have to upgrade win98 to that, or downgrade Delphi to I think 6 (and I know D5).
    : : : : Our application doesn't use .NET technology. If I compile a small, one-form delphi7 project, using 1 paradox table, it runs fine on Windows 98, but our main application gives the error 'exe file appears to be corrupt' and then 'Windows cannot run this program because it is an invalid format'. According to the delphi7 documentation, it should run on windows 98. Any one with a solution?
    : : Then I would suggest that you try to narrow down, which part of the application makes it corrupt. You can do this by removing features from the application and each time recompile it and try to run it. Then you can try to find a work-around for or debug that single feature.
    : : Looks like we solved the problem - our exe was 18mb big, we discarded a few of the units resulting in an exe of 15.572mb which does run on windows 98. What could be the reason?
    :
    :
    I don't know, based on what you tell here. All I can do is make educated guesses:
    - A lot of resource data (especially multimedia or bitmaps)
    - A lot of large constant values
    - A lot of additional code, which isn't optimalized away by the compiler
    - An error during the installation from the installshield
    - Some underlying .NET routines, which you didn't see