Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Is it possible connect Home Pc from Work ?

I know there are some good commercial programs that let controlling home PC from other locations. Without these, I wonder if such task is factible with the common Windows tools. I have Internet access through an ISP telephone modem conexion who assigns me a different IP adress each time I connect.
I will appreciate any idea. My best regards.
Roberto

Comments

• _codist__codist_ Member Posts: 17
    : I know there are some good commercial programs that let controlling home PC from other locations. Without these, I wonder if such task is factible with the common Windows tools. I have Internet access through an ISP telephone modem conexion who assigns me a different IP adress each time I connect.
    : I will appreciate any idea. My best regards.
    : Roberto
    :
    In order to get a constant subdomain directing to your home pc regardless of it's current ip for free, I'd recommend dynamic dns services such as http://www.dyndns.org/. When you've set that up, you need to run a server handling remote logins on your home pc. Comming from the linux world, I don't really know if windows comes with appropriate software for that task, but I think a search for "windows remote access" should help you.