Error Message box popup when I click the standard Windows close button

[b][red]This message was edited by Traly at 2004-4-26 20:33:51[/red][/b][hr]
Hi,

I have a couple of text boxes controls, and I am validating those text boxes. Also, I have the frmMain_Closing event procedure displays a message box asking the user to confirm that he or she wishes to quit. The problem is that if I didn't input anything in the text boxes or didn't input the valid numbers in the text boxes, when I click the standard Windows close button, the first thing it popup is the error message box(from those validating) that I need to input the valid numbers in the text boxes. Even the error message box popup, but it still let me exit or close the application. The problem is that the error message box popup. Is there any way that I can close the application without the error message box popup when I click the standard Windows close button?

PS: for the button Exit_Click, I don't have that problem because at the design time, in the Properties, I make the CauseValidation of the button Exit to False, instead of True. I did try doing the same thing for the frmMain, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by Traly at 2004-4-26 20:33:51[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have a couple of text boxes controls, and I am validating those text boxes. Also, I have the frmMain_Closing event procedure displays a message box asking the user to confirm that he or she wishes to quit. The problem is that if I didn't input anything in the text boxes or didn't input the valid numbers in the text boxes, when I click the standard Windows close button, the first thing it popup is the error message box(from those validating) that I need to input the valid numbers in the text boxes. Even the error message box popup, but it still let me exit or close the application. The problem is that the error message box popup. Is there any way that I can close the application without the error message box popup when I click the standard Windows close button?
    :
    : PS: for the button Exit_Click, I don't have that problem because at the design time, in the Properties, I make the CauseValidation of the button Exit to False, instead of True. I did try doing the same thing for the frmMain, but it doesn't work.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    :
    :

I'm new at this, but couldn't you assign a valid number to the txtboxes in the frmMain_Terminate event. Just a guess though.