Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Com Ports and Assembler

hello.....i've recently begun coding using Pascal...and can someone tell me

what the built in assembler is and what are it's uses? the second question

what are Com Ports and what can i do with them

keep it real

Maestro

Comments

• It is a fact, that the Pascal-Language isnt very fast. So if you need the maximum power, you processor can give you - use assembler.

(or if you need some int-calls)

With the inline assembler, you can comfortably include assembler-programms in your pascal program.

like: (turn mouse-cursor on)

asm

mov ax,1

int 33h

end;

but if you just started in pascal, forget asm

for a few month....:)

• What can i do with com-ports:

this is a funny question. you could also ask:

"what can i do with the keyboard-connector?"

a COM-port connects your pc with other devices, like mouse, modem, track-ball, etc...

you can build yourself some circuits and connect them to the com-ports to controll, lights, motors, etc... (like i do - for this pascal is just perfect!)